Link: Tony Brown Gears Up for NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Alabama defensive back Tony Brown wasn’t able to run track his senior year of high school.

It wasn’t because of an injury or that he didn’t want to, like other high school students. Brown enrolled early at Alabama as a five-star football prospect and started his collegiate career at the same time as track season back in his home state of Texas.

This season was important to him. And in a short turnaround from spring ball, Brown is making up for lost time during his final spring as a member of the Crimson Tide track & field team

“When Tony Brown steps on the track, it’s almost like, ‘What’s going to happen next?’ What kind of amazing thing are you going to see?” Alabama head track & field coach Dan Waters said, per WBRC FOX6 News. “It’s like a Bo Jackson-type moment.”

Brown practiced for one week before making his season debut at the SEC Championships on May 12. Two weeks later, he punched a pair of tickets to the NCAA Championships in Eugene, Ore., in the 100 and as the anchor leg of the 4x100-meter relay team.

In the qualifying round of the NCAA East Regional in Lexington, Ky., Brown ran a personal-best and Alabama season-best time of 10.27 seconds in the 100 -- his second meet of the year.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Thanks RTR91 ... that was a really good read. I liked the notes about the upcoming football season as well. Hoping that he has the successful year he desires.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It's been nice to see him kind of mature and come into his own during his time at Alabama. I wish him the best.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'll be rooting that much more for Tony cause of the hard work he's put in & done what Coach Saban has asked of him to get back on the football field..Can't wait to watch give some as my old high school HC would call "SlobberKnockers".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.