Link: Tony Brown Gears Up for NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Tony Brown Gears Up for NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Link

Alabama defensive back Tony Brown wasn’t able to run track his senior year of high school.

It wasn’t because of an injury or that he didn’t want to, like other high school students. Brown enrolled early at Alabama as a five-star football prospect and started his collegiate career at the same time as track season back in his home state of Texas.

This season was important to him. And in a short turnaround from spring ball, Brown is making up for lost time during his final spring as a member of the Crimson Tide track & field team

“When Tony Brown steps on the track, it’s almost like, ‘What’s going to happen next?’ What kind of amazing thing are you going to see?” Alabama head track & field coach Dan Waters said, per WBRC FOX6 News. “It’s like a Bo Jackson-type moment.”

Brown practiced for one week before making his season debut at the SEC Championships on May 12. Two weeks later, he punched a pair of tickets to the NCAA Championships in Eugene, Ore., in the 100 and as the anchor leg of the 4x100-meter relay team.

In the qualifying round of the NCAA East Regional in Lexington, Ky., Brown ran a personal-best and Alabama season-best time of 10.27 seconds in the 100 -- his second meet of the year.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement

Re: Tony Brown Gears Up for NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Thanks RTR91 ... that was a really good read. I liked the notes about the upcoming football season as well. Hoping that he has the successful year he desires.

It's been nice to see him kind of mature and come into his own during his time at Alabama. I wish him the best.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban
    "This is how it should be every game, every home game... the fans were just amazing". - Kevin Norwood on 2013 LSU game
    "Four, five-star recruits are in Tuscaloosa, and then they see a stadium start emptying out at halftime"

he has changed a lot over the last two years. Proud of him.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

I'll be rooting that much more for Tony cause of the hard work he's put in & done what Coach Saban has asked of him to get back on the football field..Can't wait to watch give some as my old high school HC would call "SlobberKnockers".

BamaNation All-SEC dadleyblane5's Avatar

Wink Re: Tony Brown Gears Up for NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

10.27 in 100----- Day-um!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And amazingly enough he did not qualify for the final. All 8 who qualified were 10.03 or under. Tony is a fast, fast man especially at 200 lbs in a football uniform.

It is bad when a 10.12 is considered too slow to make a finals. These guys are fast.