NCAA Starting QBs Ranked 1-130 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: NCAA Starting QBs Ranked 1-130

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJ View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but is Stidham that good? Can he overcome the inadequacies of the Barn offensive coaching?
    He was awesome against awbern's second string defense...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Hurts, Fitzgerald, and Eason are the best qbs in the SEC. Stidham is too unproven imo to be ahead of any of those at this point.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Rankings aside, if Stidham's supporting cast improves over last year auburn should win 9 possibly 10 games this fall. They could lose early to either Clemson or LSU or both. They should beat UGA in auburn and that leaves the IB as a ??.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but never preserved except in memory LLAP" Leonard Nimoy

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Jackson played one tough game and they ran him out of the stadium. System product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How is Jackson a "system product?" Petrino's offenses have had more success than a guy like Leach, who has produced several system products.

McElroy ran his mouth this week and tried to not come across as a homer and said Nick Fitzergald is the best QB in the SEC. Thus, that's been somewhat of a talking point this week.

Finebaum posed the question on Twitter yesterday, and Marlon Humphrey did a better job shutting it down than any pass he defended while at Alabama.

marlon.jpg
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    How is Jackson a "system product?" Petrino's offenses have had more success than a guy like Leach, who has produced several system products.

McElroy ran his mouth this week and tried to not come across as a homer and said Nick Fitzergald is the best QB in the SEC. Thus, that's been somewhat of a talking point this week.

Finebaum posed the question on Twitter yesterday, and Marlon Humphrey did a better job shutting it down than any pass he defended while at Alabama.

marlon.jpg
    I think the question is a little loaded when you compare our offense to MSU. I think you can't go wrong with either, but I still would choose Jalen.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Rankings aside, if Stidham's supporting cast improves over last year auburn should win 9 possibly 10 games this fall. They could lose early to either Clemson or LSU or both. They should beat UGA in auburn and that leaves the IB as a ??.
    Unless UGA has major injuries then I can't see Auburn losing to them. UGA is loaded on starting talent.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post

marlon.jpg
    My annoyance level with GMac is quickly approaching the same level I have towards Jay Barker.

Just going to throw this out there. I hate the term "system QB." Almost all QBs (especially in college) succeed best in systems that fit their skill sets. Even guys like Brady and Manning have strengths that the offenses they work in try to exploit. I just don't see system QB as an insult, more of just the way football works with most positions.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Unless UGA has major injuries then I can't see Auburn losing to them. UGA is loaded on starting talent.
    I've read this sentence a few times....it seems to contradict itself. Did you mean to say "I can't see them losing to Auburn"?
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    My annoyance level with GMac is quickly approaching the same level I have towards Jay Barker.

how about AJ -- hate him too?
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    I've read this sentence a few times....it seems to contradict itself. Did you mean to say "I can't see them losing to Auburn"?
    I'm lost on this response too. Think he meant to say unless UGA has multiple injuries to starters they will not lose to auburn.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but never preserved except in memory LLAP" Leonard Nimoy

Please do tell. I have not been able to watch SECN in a long time. What's going on?

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Really can't believe he's back at it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro