Link: OJ Smith Announces He's Transferring

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

The Crimson Tide reserve made the announcement via Instagram on Wednesday morning. His account is private, but here is the caption he included with his social media decision:

"I want to thank The University Of Alabama for being home to me for the last 3 years," Smith said. "After talking with My family and Coach Saban I have decided to transfer and Open up Recruiting. I want to thank Coach Saban and his whole staff for helping me get better everyday and also I want to thank all of my teammates! I will never forget the bond we have and will always stay in touch!! #RollTide"
Best of luck to him.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Saw the Crystal Balls on 247sports -- showing new interest in DL for 2018.....

I'm guessing he ends up back in Louisiana --

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Was this expected by the staff? Does this open up a spot for Jarez Parks?
Going solely off reported walk-ons now on scholarship and the guys that have signed on NSD, we are still over the 85 limit. Plus, we have Bulovas and Brannon already on campus before Parks could get his scholarship.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.