2018 Prospect: DT Bobby "Tre" Brown Flips Back to TAMU

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: DT Bobby Brown

247 saying he'll be at aTm tomorrow. He's committing tomorrow? Oh well.
Where did you read that? That last updated BOL article I found said the trip is scheduled but doesn't say if he'll still go or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

On his timeline on his 247 Sports site. If it`s accurate that he`s committing today, and if it`s accurate that he`s at aTm as of today, obviously he`s an Aggie. Wonder if something turned him off last weekend on his visit (?). Sure hate to miss on our top targets, particularly on the O and D lines. First Miller, now Brown perhaps.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

On his timeline on his 247 Sports site. If it`s accurate that he`s committing today, and if it`s accurate that he`s at aTm as of today, obviously he`s an Aggie. Wonder if something turned him off last weekend on his visit (?). Sure hate to miss on our top targets, particularly on the O and D lines. First Miller, now Brown perhaps.
Those things aren't immediately updated. We'll see what he ends up doing.

He told BOL he was going to move up the announcement to Monday but decided to go with today because he'll have plenty of time before his game to answer questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Don`t know what else the staff could have done. Reports are he apparently had a good visit. Just have that " slipped away " feeling on this one. Obviously, again, one of those things you hope to be wrong about. Lord knows we need D line guys.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: DT Bobby Brown Commits to TAMU

Disappointing but hardly a surprise when he married the commit and visit dates. So far a really tough cycle for us on the D line.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Disappointing but hardly a surprise when he married the commit and visit dates. So far a really tough cycle for us on the D line.
Typically the announcement prior to the A&M OV after the OV to us the week before would have been good news for us. Somewhat surprised. On to the next one.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

I know the past, but this Bama staff is currently getting it handed to them this cycle. Seems to be the worse recruiting staff Coach Saban has assembled in a long long time.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I know the past, but this Bama staff is currently getting it handed to them this cycle. Seems to be the worse recruiting staff Coach Saban has assembled in a long long time.
We are going to miss from time to time on high profile guys. Cutting down the staff is way premature and this class will close amazingly strong. Please check back in February when we have a top 3 class.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

We are going to miss from time to time on high profile guys. Cutting down the staff is way premature and this class will close amazingly strong. Please check back in February when we have a top 3 class.
I said currently. Even coach Saban said they were not sure how to handle the early signing period. But no one seems to admit that things are not going well this cycle. Unless Bama starts to flip some DL, the Much needed DL class is looking like a thud right now. I know coach Sabans history but right now his staff is getting beat pretty consistently on the road. Some of you all are not willing to admit that. Long ways til February but not until December. I hope your right... But top 3 right now is a reach. Big need of DBs and DL. I guess your expecting some big time flips to end up top 3. And yes they are doing good with the OL potentially.. But the true need is DL and DBs.

On a positive note on this staff, this is probably one of coach Sabans best on field coaching staffs overall.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.