2018 Prospect: DT Bobby "Tre" Brown Flips Back to TAMU

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: DT Bobby Brown Commits to TAMU

I said currently. Even coach Saban said they were not sure how to handle the early signing period. But no one seems to admit that things are not going well this cycle. Unless Bama starts to flip some DL, the Much needed DL class is looking like a thud right now. I know coach Sabans history but right now his staff is getting beat pretty consistently on the road. Some of you all are not willing to admit that. Long ways til February but not until December. I hope your right... But top 3 right now is a reach. Big need of DBs and DL. I guess your expecting some big time flips to end up top 3. And yes they are doing good with the OL potentially.. But the true need is DL and DBs.
Or maybe some of us realize recruiting is very fluid and things will change.

I've been told by someone that talked to an assistant - the staff isn't worried. They feel good about what they're going to be able to do.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I've been told by someone that talked to an assistant - the staff isn't worried. They feel good about what they're going to be able to do.
I`m hoping that`s an " informed" realization, `91 !;)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I said currently. Even coach Saban said they were not sure how to handle the early signing period. But no one seems to admit that things are not going well this cycle. Unless Bama starts to flip some DL, the Much needed DL class is looking like a thud right now. I know coach Sabans history but right now his staff is getting beat pretty consistently on the road. Some of you all are not willing to admit that. Long ways til February but not until December. I hope your right... But top 3 right now is a reach. Big need of DBs and DL. I guess your expecting some big time flips to end up top 3. And yes they are doing good with the OL potentially.. But the true need is DL and DBs.

On a positive note on this staff, this is probably one of coach Sabans best on field coaching staffs overall.
We lost out on a TX kid who decided to stay in-state and a kid to the Barn whose teammate is on campus (and who we still may flip) and our staff is getting beat pretty consistently? That is a pretty liberal use of the word 'consistently'. Like I said, check back in February.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I know the past, but this Bama staff is currently getting it handed to them this cycle. Seems to be the worse recruiting staff Coach Saban has assembled in a long long time.
Our depth is being used against us...:cool:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Some people would rather lose 4 times a year than win a NC.... that's just how some people are.

Winning's not that big a deal 1/3 of the time ;)

merino

BamaNation Citizen
May 5, 2017

You`re absolutely correct and it`s never ceased to amaze me how unsuccessful it`s been in the past.
Certainly likely that "depth" plays a role, nonetheless, it is conceivable that Lane and Kirby were undervalued as recruiters- now we are seeing the consequence of their departure. This could, underscore could, be a major setback( no 5, few 4 stars) for a program, does not bode well.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Certainly likely that "depth" plays a role, nonetheless, it is conceivable that Lane and Kirby were undervalued as recruiters- now we are seeing the consequence of their departure. This could, underscore could, be a major setback( no 5, few 4 stars) for a program, does not bode well.
Lane didn't recruit much - if at all - last year. How'd that class turn out?

This is just nonsense.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

You are out of line with the bolded statement: Kiffin supposedly had little to do with recruiting in general and nothing to do with the DL. Pruitt is at least as good as Kirby.

Having said that, things are not going as smoothly as usual, but Saban and his staff have earned the benefit of the doubt.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Our recruiting this year has probably been effected most by the departure of Napier and Cristobal.

Kirby does appear to be blowing the doors off of recruiting this year. I just saw where he just got a commitment from the #3 running back Cook after he had already had a commitment from the #1 running back White.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

This may sound like sour grapes but I was not impressed with his film. If the coaches liked what he did at camp that is usually one of the main things, so if we wanted him I'm sorry we didnt get him.

I have no doubt we'll get a couple of good defensive linemen. Some years there seem to be more to pick from than others. We have a few really outstanding young players right now. DB's and D'linemen may be our biggest need for the future. The coaches have a plan to get our needs filled I'm sure.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

This may sound like sour grapes but I was not impressed with his film. If the coaches liked what he did at camp that is usually one of the main things, so if we wanted him I'm sorry we didnt get him.

I have no doubt we'll get a couple of good defensive linemen. Some years there seem to be more to pick from than others. We have a few really outstanding young players right now. DB's and D'linemen may be our biggest need for the future. The coaches have a plan to get our needs filled I'm sure.
He was a star at one of our camps and that is what made him a priority to the staff. Sometimes there are guys that are gifted but don't push themselves to the limit until they have to. Good player and we missed IMO.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

I do believe they will pull some surprises but yes consistently right now--as there have been more than just the last 2 that committed elsewhere. There was not just Miller and Brown, but Bama has come in "second" more than a few times this cycle so far. I am sure the staff is not worried because they will end up with a good class I am sure based on history, or Coach Saban will make some adjustments. Yes there are some silents sitting there apparently.

But there has been more than a few hiccups this cycle, but no one wants to admit that. I understand Locksley's situation, and I know this staff is still building relationships......

I hope all of you are correct about the final stretch and I am sure Bama will get some good ones, but Bama needs a wealth of DLs and DBs....but especially Backup DBs for next year as that bunch is looking thin with a wealth of talent on the recruiting list.

Next year should be back to a number 1 class though, especially if this class doesn't pan out, then Coach will be P'O and end up with the best class ever. lol

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

Maybe we can beef up a DE or two down the road. The Wynn kid is already 285.

Last edited:

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

I wonder what Mr. Brown thinks about the game tonight in College Station. That nail is getting driven deeper in deeper in the Summlin coffin.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.