Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 2017 College World Series

Happy to have an all SEC final!

Should be a good series.....

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

So, who are we supposed to pull for?
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own, to do as I please."

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    So, who are we supposed to pull for?

Whatever helps Bama....of course! (wink)

Don't care which team wins, just hope it goes three, the games exhibit good baseball, and are closely, if not hotly, contested. SEC rules...
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Bazza - congrats to your Gators. My Tigers are ready! Should be a fun final. Glad we are showing the rest of the country that the SEC is still the best baseball conference.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

Quote Originally Posted by LSUgrad2BamaDad View Post
    Bazza - congrats to your Gators. My Tigers are ready! Should be a fun final. Glad we are showing the rest of the country that the SEC is still the best baseball conference.

Thank you Dad.....and the same to your Tigers. They are warriors and earned their place in the finals.

I was very impressed with your presser - showed a lot of class with their commentary.

Let's just hope the dang umps get their act together.....it's been ridiculous lately!

Good luck to you and your team!

LSU has named its Game 1 starter. Senior Russell Reynolds will start his first game since 2015. In 14 relief outings this year, he's allowed 14 runs in 14.2 innings (8.59 ERA) and has 12 strikeouts on the year.

LSU is pitching a guy that has not started in a long time. Not that they are trying to lose game one....but they know Florida's Singer is good and this is their mulligan. If Florida loses game one, it is most likely over.

Game two's starter for LSU is Poche on 5 days rest. This is the game they feel they must win. Florida will be starting someone who has not started all year (Dyson or Byrne) and this is Florida's (somewhat) mulligan.

Game three for LSU is Lange on 4 days rest. This is LSU's wild card. They are hoping the fact that they used Lange one more day earlier than Florida's Faedo that they have the advantage. Florida will start Kowar and hopefully find a way to get to the eighth and see if Faedo can do what he did versus Wake.

If LSU steals game one, they sweep. If Florida steals game two, they sweep. If each team holds court, it will be a great finale.

Gators get the first one 4-3 in a hard fought match, just as we thought it would be.

Ball is in your court now, Tigers!

As an aside...all season long on our game threads, I've harped on getting insurance runs. It was bound to happen...one of our members posted this tonight....ha ha....hope you find this as hilarious as I do!

BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar

Was a great game. If Florida had a solid offense they would have had an Oregon St type record! Just because I have no dog in the fight, I wanna see 2 more great games, not just 1!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Go Gata!

:<

Hats off and much respect to LSU for playing hard and giving Florida all they could handle. IMHO, the turning point in the game was the tying runner being sent back to third on that 2nd base interference call.

Heck of a game though.....my gosh...those players on both sides did battle tonight..they really did.

Looking forward to seeing Bama in the hunt next year......I see good things coming their way with a new coach and a fresh start!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Bama in the hunt next year......I see good things coming their way with a new coach and a fresh start!

I think you posted the same thing a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Hats off and much respect to LSU for playing hard and giving Florida all they could handle. IMHO, the turning point in the game was the tying runner being sent back to third on that 2nd base interference call.

Heck of a game though.....my gosh...those players on both sides did battle tonight..they really did.

Completely agree with you Bazza and hats off to your Gators. Summing it up for LSU - missed opportunities. For FL - flawless. Capitalized on almost every chance and gave nothing away. Pitching was excellent, really for both teams save for the walks by LSU's staff.

It's disappointing, yes. Good thing is we have a great nucleus of freshman and a solid recruiting class coming on board We will lack leadership, perhaps, next year.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)