2017 College World Series - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 2017 College World Series

Congrats to Fla, Good game, SEC.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LSUgrad2BamaDad View Post
    Completely agree with you Bazza and hats off to your Gators. Summing it up for LSU - missed opportunities. For FL - flawless. Capitalized on almost every chance and gave nothing away. Pitching was excellent, really for both teams save for the walks by LSU's staff.

It's disappointing, yes. Good thing is we have a great nucleus of freshman and a solid recruiting class coming on board We will lack leadership, perhaps, next year.
    The slide at 2B was pivotal. It was the right call (I'm an umpire as well). These kids have been coached up over the past couple of years to not do that. He clearly slid out of the base path. In high school, you can't even slide "through the bag" other than home. If you slide through the bag and interfere with the fielder, it's a double play and a dead ball as well. That one hurt LSU I thought.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Yep in the AHSAA here in Bama that was an illegal play as well (I imagine it's a NFSA rule, right DBF?). It was a shame watching those LSU fans throw trash on the field like a bunch of cavemen. Embarrassing if you ask me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Yep in the AHSAA here in Bama that was an illegal play as well (I imagine it's a NFSA rule, right DBF?). It was a shame watching those LSU fans throw trash on the field like a bunch of cavemen. Embarrassing if you ask me.
    NFHS, yep. A dad, whose son was a year behind my oldest, had a similar situation occur. He was the base runner and slid into 2B and popped up and interfered with the SS. They banged both of them as a result. He was whining that the umpire didn't know what he was doing and asked me what I thought. I asked him "Did he cause the SS to alter or prevent him from throwing the ball by making contact with him? He said, "Well, yeah." I smiled and said "Then it was probably the right call." He walked off in disgust.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Yea NFHS, not sure what I was thinking when I typed it yesterday

What was crazy about the play was that the kid didn't even need to come in so hard! It was guaranteed they were giving up 2 outs for the run, and the only way he doesn't score there is if they interfered and sure enough they done it. I never would have thought UF's bats would heat up and LSU's pitching would kind of go downhill and sure enough it happened. Weird series for sure.