#3. Florida 4

#3. Florida 6
#4. LSU 1

#3. Florida (52-19) WINS COLLEGE WORLD SERIES

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
The beatdown LSU took last night was brutal, I can't recall them being so thorughly dominated since Bama beat them 28-2 back in '97. Of course they went on to win the CWS that year.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
The beatdown LSU took last night was brutal, I can't recall them being so thorughly dominated since Bama beat them 28-2 back in '97. Of course they went on to win the CWS that year.
Yes they did over us. I wish they would have had the best of three format back then as they today we would have won it I believe. I still say to this day Bama was the best team in the country that season.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
An LSU vs UF championship series would be epic. Question is, can UF hit enough to beat TCU and their depleted pen. TCU will score some runs. Can LSU beat Oregon St.? That one is a toss up in my opinion. I personally like LSU's chances to win today better than Florida's.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
IMHO today's games will mostlt be decided by two factors:

1. Florida's pitching vs. TCU's hitting
2. OSU's pitching vs. LSU's hitting

In theory....UF and LSU should prevail...but as we all know.....anything can (and usually does) happen....:eek:

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
An LSU vs UF championship series would be epic. Question is, can UF hit enough to beat TCU and their depleted pen. TCU will score some runs. Can LSU beat Oregon St.? That one is a toss up in my opinion. I personally like LSU's chances to win today better than Florida's.
Well, I was 1/2. Florida pitched lights out and never gave TCU much of a chance. LSU looks scary good if I was a Florida fan. Pulling for Florida since I have seen them play once this year, but just glad it will be SEC finishing 1 and 2.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Don't care which team wins, just hope it goes three, the games exhibit good baseball, and are closely, if not hotly, contested. SEC rules...

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Bazza - congrats to your Gators. My Tigers are ready! Should be a fun final. Glad we are showing the rest of the country that the SEC is still the best baseball conference.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Bazza - congrats to your Gators. My Tigers are ready! Should be a fun final. Glad we are showing the rest of the country that the SEC is still the best baseball conference.

Thank you Dad.....and the same to your Tigers. They are warriors and earned their place in the finals.

I was very impressed with your presser - showed a lot of class with their commentary.

Let's just hope the dang umps get their act together.....it's been ridiculous lately!

Good luck to you and your team!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
LSU has named its Game 1 starter. Senior Russell Reynolds will start his first game since 2015. In 14 relief outings this year, he's allowed 14 runs in 14.2 innings (8.59 ERA) and has 12 strikeouts on the year.

LSU is pitching a guy that has not started in a long time. Not that they are trying to lose game one....but they know Florida's Singer is good and this is their mulligan. If Florida loses game one, it is most likely over.

Game two's starter for LSU is Poche on 5 days rest. This is the game they feel they must win. Florida will be starting someone who has not started all year (Dyson or Byrne) and this is Florida's (somewhat) mulligan.

Game three for LSU is Lange on 4 days rest. This is LSU's wild card. They are hoping the fact that they used Lange one more day earlier than Florida's Faedo that they have the advantage. Florida will start Kowar and hopefully find a way to get to the eighth and see if Faedo can do what he did versus Wake.

If LSU steals game one, they sweep. If Florida steals game two, they sweep. If each team holds court, it will be a great finale.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.