2017 College World Series

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Gators get the first one 4-3 in a hard fought match, just as we thought it would be.

Ball is in your court now, Tigers!

As an aside...all season long on our game threads, I've harped on getting insurance runs. It was bound to happen...one of our members posted this tonight....ha ha....hope you find this as hilarious as I do! ;)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hats off and much respect to LSU for playing hard and giving Florida all they could handle. IMHO, the turning point in the game was the tying runner being sent back to third on that 2nd base interference call.

Heck of a game though.....my gosh...those players on both sides did battle tonight..they really did.

Looking forward to seeing Bama in the hunt next year......I see good things coming their way with a new coach and a fresh start!

:)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Looking forward to seeing Bama in the hunt next year......I see good things coming their way with a new coach and a fresh start!

I think you posted the same thing a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Hats off and much respect to LSU for playing hard and giving Florida all they could handle. IMHO, the turning point in the game was the tying runner being sent back to third on that 2nd base interference call.

Heck of a game though.....my gosh...those players on both sides did battle tonight..they really did.

Completely agree with you Bazza and hats off to your Gators. Summing it up for LSU - missed opportunities. For FL - flawless. Capitalized on almost every chance and gave nothing away. Pitching was excellent, really for both teams save for the walks by LSU's staff.

It's disappointing, yes. Good thing is we have a great nucleus of freshman and a solid recruiting class coming on board We will lack leadership, perhaps, next year.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Completely agree with you Bazza and hats off to your Gators. Summing it up for LSU - missed opportunities. For FL - flawless. Capitalized on almost every chance and gave nothing away. Pitching was excellent, really for both teams save for the walks by LSU's staff.

It's disappointing, yes. Good thing is we have a great nucleus of freshman and a solid recruiting class coming on board We will lack leadership, perhaps, next year.
The slide at 2B was pivotal. It was the right call (I'm an umpire as well). These kids have been coached up over the past couple of years to not do that. He clearly slid out of the base path. In high school, you can't even slide "through the bag" other than home. If you slide through the bag and interfere with the fielder, it's a double play and a dead ball as well. That one hurt LSU I thought.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep in the AHSAA here in Bama that was an illegal play as well (I imagine it's a NFSA rule, right DBF?). It was a shame watching those LSU fans throw trash on the field like a bunch of cavemen. Embarrassing if you ask me.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Yep in the AHSAA here in Bama that was an illegal play as well (I imagine it's a NFSA rule, right DBF?). It was a shame watching those LSU fans throw trash on the field like a bunch of cavemen. Embarrassing if you ask me.
NFHS, yep. A dad, whose son was a year behind my oldest, had a similar situation occur. He was the base runner and slid into 2B and popped up and interfered with the SS. They banged both of them as a result. He was whining that the umpire didn't know what he was doing and asked me what I thought. I asked him "Did he cause the SS to alter or prevent him from throwing the ball by making contact with him? He said, "Well, yeah." I smiled and said "Then it was probably the right call." He walked off in disgust.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yea NFHS, not sure what I was thinking when I typed it yesterday:biggrin:

What was crazy about the play was that the kid didn't even need to come in so hard! It was guaranteed they were giving up 2 outs for the run, and the only way he doesn't score there is if they interfered and sure enough they done it. I never would have thought UF's bats would heat up and LSU's pitching would kind of go downhill and sure enough it happened. Weird series for sure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.