What will the roster look like for 2018? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What will the roster look like for 2018?

I don't think the on-campus prospect camps are nearly as important to recruiting as they were 10, maybe even 5 years ago. The way travel/select baseball has exploded has kind of overtaken everything else during the summer.

2. Advertisement

As expected, he signed with the Reds.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Apparently we have signed a pitcher from Hoover who went 11-0 with a .57 era for the coming season? Was he a late bloomer or just weighing his options? Regardless, either CBB saw a big hole in our pitching going forward, or he at least has a plan for the roster for next year.

rtr

Somewhat of a late bloomer. I mean he was sort of a known commodity in that he had committed to Wallace-Hanceville (which is a solid JUCO program) before this past season. However, he took a huge leap forward this year and was just a stud. There were a lot of teams trying to add him as a spring signee.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    Apparently we have signed a pitcher from Hoover who went 11-0 with a .57 era for the coming season? Was he a late bloomer or just weighing his options? Regardless, either CBB saw a big hole in our pitching going forward, or he at least has a plan for the roster for next year.

rtr
    Yes a lefty that put up great numbers in 7A baseball which is no joke.

http://hooversun.com/sports/brock-gu...n-tide-062217/

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Yes a lefty that put up great numbers in 7A baseball which is no joke.

http://hooversun.com/sports/brock-gu...n-tide-062217/
    I'd assume he is either getting no money OR more kids than just Lumpkin have decided to leave. Last I heard we were still over 11.7 by 3-4 scholarships. (Possibly promised $$$ effective 2019.)
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    more kids than just Lumpkin have decided to leave.
    I'm quite sure this is the case. Regardless, he still may not have gotten any money (at least for next season, as you mentioned).

Quote Originally Posted by Love the Ping View Post
    I'm quite sure this is the case. Regardless, he still may not have gotten any money (at least for next season, as you mentioned).
    I was told last night that as of yesterday only one player besides Lumpkin had decided to transfer. Since this player has not yet made an announcement I won't name him but, not a big loss at all. Actually a good money savings.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    I was told last night that as of yesterday only one player besides Lumpkin had decided to transfer. Since this player has not yet made an announcement I won't name him but, not a big loss at all. Actually a good money savings.
    Have you heard anything about Trousdale heading to SSCC?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanatic View Post
    No. I'd assume once the CWS is over we might see some additional movement. Not sure how much interaction CBB can have with the team right now. But, I expect some on $$$ will be told "you don't have a roster spot". Now, the kid can keep his $ as that is guaranteed, being on the team is not. Those kids will likely leave.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanatic View Post
    Confirmed

http://bamablog.wpengine.com/?p=30678

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Good to see the situation seems to be resolved without warfare.

The Manning kid has some nice numbers, he batted .412 and had an OBP of .536 in 153 at-bats.

And no errors!

Looks like we have some JUCO help coming for the pitching staff, and it is great to see Trousdale's attitude and success in New England. Hopefully it all works out just the way he and his family want it to.

rtr