What will the roster look like for 2018?

Mtram

Jul 13, 2017
It was coach pitch due to being out of pitching. I think 7 pitchers on roster are hurt with 4 out for next season. With new rule of injured players not counting toward the 35, there are open roster spots. A couple of months ago we had 35 extra players now less than 35 healthy ones

Ebay

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 18, 2017
Anyone been to a practice or scrimmage? I am curious as to how they look versus last year...how the coaches are working with the team. In other words, has anyone formed a way-too-early opinion about how the team may look this year versus last year?

#jonesingforsomeBamaBaseball

Mtram

Jul 13, 2017
Roster now down to 34 players with Diehm out due to TJ and Hip Labrum Tear. Now active roster at only 32.

Ebay

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 18, 2017
So I guess last year's commentators have moved on as no one is updating this site based on how fall ball has gone.

Did anyone go to a practice or scrimmage? Any thoughts on how the team is looking?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I havent. I did hear that one of the prize recruits from the past year was deemed ineligible by the nzaa. Anyone else heard that?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I was thinking about the team yesterday. I have a friend whose a former player with friends on the team and will ask him this week. Last I heard was the kids love the new coach.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
There is no doubt CBB is a players coach, but we have to hope he can do the rest. I would finally enjoy us trying to get the top in-state talent because the barn and other SEC programs have been killing us. I'm excited to see how things go!

Mtram

Jul 13, 2017
Current roster down to 31. The latest cuts were Shemper, Shields and Holcomb. 14 pitchers - Love and Rukes coming off TJ. Walters, Gardner and Cameron were hurt during Fall.
8 Infielders - 3 catchers - 6 Outfielders - I assume Keith Holcombe will be part time in Spring.

3 Freshmen - 6 JC

Ebay

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 18, 2017
3 more RHP getting hurt?!? Whats going on? What kind of arm care program are they doing? It appears it may need to change it if three more pitchers got injured in the fall.

So, to clarify, does that mean we have 14 pitchers but five will be out this spring or will any of Walters, Gardner, and Cameron be back this spring?

Could be another tough year at this rate though it can't possibly be as bad as last year.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
The arms are more than likely coming to them in not the greatest of shape (some probably had hidden damage that is revealed here or finally just blows out here) if they are freshman. Throwing mechanics need to be retaught nationwide. Not to mention playing year round isn't helping the arms rest and regain strength.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
The arms are more than likely coming to them in not the greatest of shape (some probably had hidden damage that is revealed here or finally just blows out here) if they are freshman. Throwing mechanics need to be retaught nationwide. Not to mention playing year round isn't helping the arms rest and regain strength.
Amen and Amen again.
My soon to be 14 yr old son is almost 6 weeks into a 10 wk total throwing shutdown. It is almost criminal what some of the youth travel coaches are doing, and the parents who don't know better that let it happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.