What will the roster look like for 2018?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Let's just hope we do have a 'long term' coach right now. Sounds like Jake Walters thinks we do.

rtr

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Yeah, heard that, during the stRangers game. He was introduced to everyone today, and was just interviewed during the game.
Hey CUDA, your Strangers are back to .500 and only a game out of the 2nd WC. What I say about a month ago? TX will make the playoffs and win 90+ games. Y'all are getting healthy as the 'Stros are losing starters like BAMA threw WP's. TX still has a legit shot at the AL West.

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Well Suchey signed with the Royals, so that should help out scholarship situation a bit and hurt our potential pitching staff next year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I definitely don't have "high hopes" for next year after Goof was fired this late in the year and CBB not having much time to make an impact on this incoming class. I do expect us to rail the barn in state for next years class though. I'm sick of seeing big names leave for other places like the barn, Vandy and MSU. Of course there is no way we get all the top kids because of the draft and lottery scholarships, but we do put out good talent in state every year. The draft and signees at top colleges prove that.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I hate we cancelled our camps this summer. Really will set us behind on recruiting with the kids who are going to be Soph/Jr's this fall. I have a feeling the Sr's probably already have committed but, the Jr's are the ones who will be committing soon.

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
I don't think the on-campus prospect camps are nearly as important to recruiting as they were 10, maybe even 5 years ago. The way travel/select baseball has exploded has kind of overtaken everything else during the summer.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Apparently we have signed a pitcher from Hoover who went 11-0 with a .57 era for the coming season? Was he a late bloomer or just weighing his options? Regardless, either CBB saw a big hole in our pitching going forward, or he at least has a plan for the roster for next year.

rtr

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
Somewhat of a late bloomer. I mean he was sort of a known commodity in that he had committed to Wallace-Hanceville (which is a solid JUCO program) before this past season. However, he took a huge leap forward this year and was just a stud. There were a lot of teams trying to add him as a spring signee.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I'm quite sure this is the case. Regardless, he still may not have gotten any money (at least for next season, as you mentioned).
I was told last night that as of yesterday only one player besides Lumpkin had decided to transfer. Since this player has not yet made an announcement I won't name him but, not a big loss at all. Actually a good money savings.

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
I was told last night that as of yesterday only one player besides Lumpkin had decided to transfer. Since this player has not yet made an announcement I won't name him but, not a big loss at all. Actually a good money savings.
Have you heard anything about Trousdale heading to SSCC?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Have you heard anything about Trousdale heading to SSCC?
No. I'd assume once the CWS is over we might see some additional movement. Not sure how much interaction CBB can have with the team right now. But, I expect some on $$$ will be told "you don't have a roster spot". Now, the kid can keep his $ as that is guaranteed, being on the team is not. Those kids will likely leave.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Good to see the situation seems to be resolved without warfare.

The Manning kid has some nice numbers, he batted .412 and had an OBP of .536 in 153 at-bats.

And no errors!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Looks like we have some JUCO help coming for the pitching staff, and it is great to see Trousdale's attitude and success in New England. Hopefully it all works out just the way he and his family want it to.

rtr

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Rumor on another board is that Love is also transferring. Don't know how true it is, but he's also the guy that has been told about many of the guys who have already transferred (Webb, Carey, Trousdale)

If he does, maybe it's similar to the Trousdale where it's just a tough situation due to a certain coach's (deliberate) mismanagement of the numbers and that his goal is to be back here next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.