Link: College football's top 10 games of the past 10 years - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Re: College football's top 10 games of the past 10 years

Of course Bama would be at the top of the list, cause it's huge when we lose a game, it takes miracle plays like the kick Six or Clemson's illegal pic play to beat us..

We just don't lose games under Coach Saban & the rest of college football takes joy is pulling for us to lose..When we make the top of the list for something like this it's more less a "Backhanded Compliment" for The Process..
    Last edited by TideMan09; June 13th, 2017 at 06:14 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    The 2013 barn game had to be one of the worst coached on the offensive side of the ball since Saban has been at Alabama. We had the best Alabama quarterback in 4 decades and they chose not to play to his strength's. Krazy is right, Bama should have won by double digits. A great game is when both play at the highest level, not when one handicaps itself.
    Yeah and the Patriots should have beaten the Giants in SB 42. Great games are rarely games between equal teams they are mostly due to the great team being taken out of their dominant mindset and forced to get off the mat to fight off an inspired challenger. Bama in 2013 and NE in SB 42 were far and away the better teams but they got punched in the mouth and it was one of those days where the greatest coaches couldn't see how to fix it. Both teams would've won those games 8/10 times if they played them over again.

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar

It's tough to dispute the kick 6 game imo. I just happened to catch a show on it the other day. Consider it without the names:

#1 at #4
    #4 had been 3-8 previous year
    Conference title berth on the line
    #1 jumps out to 21-7 lead
    #4 answers to tie it at 21
    Multiple lead changes
    Biggest rivalry in the country
    National TV
    #4 had just won on a miracle the week before
    #1 is trying for a 3 peat
    Down late, the big RPO to tie
    The disputed 1 second
    And then the return

In truth, it was phenomenal game. Id put the first bama Clemson title game a close 2nd, but 2nd nonetheless. That the kick 6 was a rivalry game with the sec and national title implications, and bama going for 3 straight, this game was monumental.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Be Good Or Be Gone

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    The author is Joan Niesen, whose undergrad is from Georgetown and her journalism degree is from the outstanding journalism school at Mizzou.
    Yep. Didn't say she wasn't smart. Said she was young. In fact, given her list, it's a safe bet she was mainly watching the home town team 10 years ago, and pretty much that's it. How else explain her #6, Missouri-Kansas from 2007?
    Last edited by LA4Bama; June 12th, 2017 at 11:08 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by LA4Bama View Post
    Yep. Didn't say she wasn't smart. Said she was young. In fact, given her list, it's a safe bet she was mainly watching the home town team 10 years ago, and pretty much that's it. How else explain her #6, Missouri-Kansas from 2007.
    If I remember right KU was either #2 or #1 entering that game undefeated. So it did have significant importance, and was a pretty good game. I would say top 20 maybe 15, but the 2011 Wisconsin-MSU games were probably the only non SEC games in the top 10. Plus the game is more known for the wild KU comeback in the 4th quarter after Missouri dominated most of the game. So top 20 is more reasonable
    Last edited by 81usaf92; June 12th, 2017 at 11:12 PM.

BamaNation All-American

Even though we lost i would put the 9-6 LSU game at the top at least in the top 3. Teams were evenly matched 1 v 2, game of the century billing, game dictated by defense and kicking game for both sides. Being there it was a very intense atmosphere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

After actually looking at her list, I'm kinda puzzled that she put the 2010 iron Bowl, and the 2014 peach bowl in there. While I think to a degree the 1st Bama-LSU in 2011 is sorta overhyped I think it still deserves to be in there.

BamaNation All-SEC dadleyblane5's Avatar

Bama vs LSU 2011.... AJ's comeback
    Last edited by dadleyblane5; June 13th, 2017 at 05:12 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

What's amazing to me - how many of the top 20 games played in the last decade included Alabama. While Alabama has absolutely dominated the sport, you have also been in a ton of tough games, against top competition. Even with Saban at the helm, you are going to drop some of those games.

Also, I would include last year's OSU/UM game in my top 10 of the last decade.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

I would vote for the first Bama/Clemson game. It had everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    What's amazing to me - how many of the top 20 games played in the last decade included Alabama. While Alabama has absolutely dominated the sport, you have also been in a ton of tough games, against top competition. Even with Saban at the helm, you are going to drop some of those games.

Also, I would include last year's OSU/UM game in my top 10 of the last decade.
    Based on what I've "heard" I would agree - I was at the Iron Bowl pregame when that was going on so my only 'experience' of it was the text messages I was getting. Same with 2015 Arky-Ole Miss.
    The first rule of Tidefans interactions - Selma does not use Google; Google uses Selma

2016 Candidates
    Alabama-Ole Miss
    Alabama-Clemson
    Ohio St- Wisconsin
    Ohio St- Michigan
    Tennessee-Georgia
    Tennessee-ATM
    Pitt-Clemson
    Clemson-Louisville
    FSU-Michigan
    USC-Penn St
    LSU-Auburn
    Clemson-NC State
    Penn St-Ohio St
    Arky-TCU
    Penn St-Wisconsin
    Army-Navy
    Clemson-FSU
    LSU-Wisconsin
    The first rule of Tidefans interactions - Selma does not use Google; Google uses Selma

Quote Originally Posted by LA4Bama View Post
    I agree with you. No way it's the best game. The author of that piece seems pretty young, I'd be surprised to find out she was even watching cfb 10 years ago.
    She probably is young but then so is a lot of this board demographic.

In the last two years, I've had to explain:
    a) Bartles and Jaymes
    b) Howard Cosell
    c) Jimmy the Greek ("who?")

There's a 1992 clip on You Tube of Johnny Carson making fun - in the same monologue - of last year's two candidates. I was sharing this with a person at work and after indulging me this person said, "Who's Johnny Carson?"

That same day, I was having lunch with a hottie young enough to be my daughter and was referencing a scene from "When Harry Met Sally," which is only on AMC like every single day. She'd never even HEARD of it.