Jeff Sessions officially asking Congress for the ability to prosecute Medical MJ

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
What article did you read?

A huge benefit with medical marijuana is that it allows licensed growers, which kills the demand for illegal marijuana trafficking. He wants to end it as he, like many old fundamentalists, thinks there should be laws against the evil weed.

Manufactured outrage? I'd love to hear you explain how Sessions is doing anything but trying to exert control over people's quality of life due to his own personal beliefs.
Seriously? Did you read what Sessions actually wrote as compared to what is attributed to him? It's not a fit. And as I said, the Obama administration asked for the same thing.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Seriously? Did you read what Sessions actually wrote as compared to what is attributed to him? It's not a fit. And as I said, the Obama administration asked for the same thing.
Of course I did, and for those that want to read the actual letter, it's here

He can dance around it all he wants but he simply wants to crack down on medical marijuana. Despite the growing evidence that other illicit drug use drops in areas where marijunana use is legalized, he's pursuing a track where they can prosecute those who are legally using it in those states. Further, he's wanting to revert to the government telling people what they can or cannot ingest in their own bodies, despite the fact that many people benefit from its use.

And I couldn't care less what the Obama administration did, they're no longer in office. I don't play 'tit for tat', I simply want people to be able to find comfort from a natural source instead of relying on big pharma, which undoubtedly has a role in Sessions' desire to legislate morality.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Of course I did, and for those that want to read the actual letter, it's here

He can dance around it all he wants but he simply wants to crack down on medical marijuana. Despite the growing evidence that other illicit drug use drops in areas where marijunana use is legalized, he's pursuing a track where they can prosecute those who are legally using it in those states. Further, he's wanting to revert to the government telling people what they can or cannot ingest in their own bodies, despite the fact that many people benefit from its use.

And I couldn't care less what the Obama administration did, they're no longer in office. I don't play 'tit for tat', I simply want people to be able to find comfort from a natural source instead of relying on big pharma, which undoubtedly has a role in Sessions' desire to legislate morality.
http://www.newsweek.com/jeff-sessions-marijuana-quotes-about-pot-570177

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
yeah

I read it and stand by everything I posted about it.

did you?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The letter from Sessions is worthless. t is full of inaccuracies and - to be generous here - stretches the truth into lies. It would be funny if so many lives were not ruined without need due to federal and states laws.

I'm also one who has never in my life smoked pot. Wanted to try it a couple of time but for one reason or another never did. Maybe after I retire.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
It's not like states like Colorado have been fighting these idiots the whole way. People think it's been gravy but it hasn't. The green crosses have had to fight the feds at every corner, since it is illegal on a federal level they could not do ANY banking inside the state. They had to eventually start up credit unions just to have somewhere to put all the money. In Denver they are building apartments/condos at record rates and filling them up before they can even finish them. Lots of upside to making it legal across the board, and I've yet to see anything bad about it. That doesn't even mention the upside to those that need it for pain and what not. They make it sound like it's dangerous to step foot in states that have it legally now too and that's funny as all get out. They still have certain rules that must be followed even there, it's not like you can walk around smoking grass like we used to with cigarettes.

Definitely don't support this one. I think it should be legal all over the U.S.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The letter from Sessions is worthless. t is full of inaccuracies and - to be generous here - stretches the truth into lies. It would be funny if so many lives were not ruined without need due to federal and states laws.

I'm also one who has never in my life smoked pot. Wanted to try it a couple of time but for one reason or another never did. Maybe after I retire.
at least back in the day, humboldt was the epi-center for the diggity-dank :cool2:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
jeff sessions in his own words

Attorney General Jeff Sessions adamantly opposes legalizing marijuana. But this position may not be in his own self-interest.

A study published last month by the medical journal Nature Medicine found that when older mice were given low doses of THC, the chemical in cannabis that makes people high, the rodents’ learning and memory improved to the level of younger mice.

Researchers are planning to repeat the study on 60-to-70-year-old humans to see whether they, too, have improved memory when consuming pot. After the attorney general’s testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday afternoon, he might be a prime candidate for the study.

Here, pulled from the hearing transcript, is Jeff Sessions, in his own words:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.