Second time in a month Pat Dye makes sense

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Certainly never met Spurrier personally, but to me he projected an image of being a totally egotistical jerk. Don`t know if that`s how he truly is or not.
This is how a conversation I once heard went when referring to Spurrier as a family man and a jerk:

Person 1: "Coach Spurrier is not the jerk that everyone makes him out to be. Just look at all the time we makes for his family and how much time he spends with them."
Person 2: "That is because no one wants to hang out with the jerk. His family is forced to."

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Certainly never met Spurrier personally, but to me he projected an image of being a totally egotistical jerk. Don`t know if that`s how he truly is or not.
The media completely gave him a pass when he quit on his team in the middle of the season. That is total crap. If CNS were to take a look midyear and see imminent doom for the remainder of the year and quit, the media would be in full meltdown mode.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I took his comments to mean that Dye, though he may truly be an Auburn man to the core, nevertheless understands the natural order of things in this state and does not live in a fantasy world like many barn fans do.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I am surprised that Spurrier being a quitter is conveniently overlooked. Not quitting is fundamental, and he did it.
The media completely gave him a pass when he quit on his team in the middle of the season. That is total crap. If CNS were to take a look midyear and see imminent doom for the remainder of the year and quit, the media would be in full meltdown mode.

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
Looking at it differently...

First college football game: 1869
Number of Auburn champions: 2
That's one per roughly 75 years.

Bama 16 national titles, or 14 more than Auburn.

In order to have the same number of titles, Auburn would have needed to begin playing roughly
1050 years ago. This was about the time the Vikings Great Heathen Army sacked Britain. This was also when the Mayans dissapeared. It was the time of Charlemagne and was around the time the first Book was printed and gunpowder was developed.

So Pat is being very optimistic with 500 years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.