Link: LSU Works Behind the Scenes to Kill Satellite Camp in Hammond Where Texas Was Expecte
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LSU Works Behind the Scenes to Kill Satellite Camp in Hammond Where Texas Was Expecte

https://www.si.com/college-football/...man-ed-orgeron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Re: LSU Works Behind the Scenes to Kill Satellite Camp in Hammond Where Texas Was Exp

I don't know how I feel about this. Hasn't this only became a big deal in the past two years since Harbawl made it an issue? On one hand I don't really care what or where coaches go for camp. On the other I can see trying to keep your rivals out of your state. I suppose it will bring us yet another NCAA rule to keep up with.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: LSU Works Behind the Scenes to Kill Satellite Camp in Hammond Where Texas Was Exp

It isn't Texas that has been stealing the best recruits from LA.

BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    It isn't Texas that has been stealing the best recruits from LA.
    Who is it!??!?!? I have to know!?!?!?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Total jerk move.

The difference here from what Harbaugh started two years ago is the location. This camp is clearly associated with another college. That's not uncommon. It's been done for years (publicizing the schools helping is a result of what Harbaugh did). Harbaugh was having camps at random high schools with no other colleges involved.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation Hall of Fame

This really hurts the kids - those 1 and 2 star players who aren't going to LSU at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    This really hurts the kids - those 1 and 2 star players who aren't going to LSU at all.

Yep. They need that exposure and the chance to show what they can do.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

It's not like Texas would actually sign any of the Top Players from Louisiana..Their recruiting is all Texas kids from top to bottom..

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    It's not like Texas would actually sign any of the Top Players from Louisiana..Their recruiting is all Texas kids from top to bottom..
    Four of their 11 commits are from out of state so far.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    Four of their 11 commits are from out of state so far.
    That's a good sign for Texas that Coach Herman is going after the best player's available & not signing just Texas instate recruits..

Hal Mumme said this morning he has turned Coach O into the NCAA for camp blocking. This could be fun to watch from afar.
    -- Coach Bryant

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Here's an ESPN article on Hal Mumme and what he said about Oger-ron. Let the mud'rastlin' begin!!!!

http://www.espn.com/college-football...atellite-camps
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon