Link: LSU Works Behind the Scenes to Kill Satellite Camp in Hammond Where Texas Was Expecte

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I don't know how I feel about this. Hasn't this only became a big deal in the past two years since Harbawl made it an issue? On one hand I don't really care what or where coaches go for camp. On the other I can see trying to keep your rivals out of your state. I suppose it will bring us yet another NCAA rule to keep up with.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It isn't Texas that has been stealing the best recruits from LA.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The difference here from what Harbaugh started two years ago is the location. This camp is clearly associated with another college. That's not uncommon. It's been done for years (publicizing the schools helping is a result of what Harbaugh did). Harbaugh was having camps at random high schools with no other colleges involved.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Hal Mumme said this morning he has turned Coach O into the NCAA for camp blocking. This could be fun to watch from afar.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Hal Mumme said this morning he has turned Coach O into the NCAA for camp blocking. This could be fun to watch from afar.
What am I missing here, other than Hal Mumme is the Soylent Green of college football coaches (not to mention he's always getting confused by the outside world with Bill Mumy who was the genesis for "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger, Will Robinison!" on "Lost in Space")?

Belhaven College sports teams used to be called the Clansmen (Note cap-C in Clan) and was located in Mississippi. Now they are the Belhaven University Blazers, still based in Jackson, and have a DIII football team (or is it NAIA like their basketball team used to be?). How and why is Belhaven and Mumy (Mumme) allowed to broker a satellite camp in Louisiana for D1 schools in the in the first place?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I don't know how I feel about this. Hasn't this only became a big deal in the past two years since Harbawl made it an issue? On one hand I don't really care what or where coaches go for camp. On the other I can see trying to keep your rivals out of your state. I suppose it will bring us yet another NCAA rule to keep up with.
I have to side with LSU on this one. Keep the Texas Prima Donna's out of the Bayou State. We need to protect SEC turf, even when it benefits one of our main competitors in the SEC West.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I have to side with LSU on this one. Keep the Texas Prima Donna's out of the Bayou State. We need to protect SEC turf, even when it benefits one of our main competitors in the SEC West.
This doesn't help LSU - it prevents a bunch of 1* kids from being noticed by big schools like Cornell and Delta State, both of whom were scheduled to be there. LSU was under no threat here as they've already got around twenty commits.

Ed O is being a jerk and I would be mortified if Saban did this. And guess what? Mumme did the same thing at Carver High School in Birmingham a month ago and also at Samford last year - and neither Saban nor Gus batted an eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And now Ed won't let OT Willie Allen transfer to TCU...

After stealing Louisiana’s No. 1 QB, TCU finds itself on LSU’s blocked list

But if you really want to see cheesy, consider the case of Willie Allen, a 6-foot-7, 300-pound offensive lineman who has announced he wants to transfer from LSU.Allen’s choice? TCU, a request that LSU promptly denied, according to multiple sources between Baton Rouge and Stadium Drive in Fort Worth. A source said that an LSU appeals committee ruled Thursday that Allen would be released from his scholarship, provided he transfers anywhere but to a Southeastern Conference school or TCU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.