News Article: Shots fired at congressional softball game.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
During the Today Show coverage of a plane crash in Pittsburgh, I remember Bryant Gumbel asking the on-the-scene journalist, "Can you see an body parts?" Truly a high point for American journalism.
I remember Gumbel's comments on 9/11, while interviewing an eyewitness on the phone, and just SMH at the stupidity....

Gumbel says..."we're not sure at this point whether or not this was intentional". The guy he was interviewing said something to the effect of "It was most definitely intentional, we saw the second plane turn and square up in line with the building, and there appeared to be nothing wrong with it"... Gumbel then says..."what makes you think this was intentional?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
We're not even reproducing ourselves without immigration, are we?
Technically you're intimation is correct. But the amount of immigration needed is significantly lower than current levels. Depending on the measure, we need somewhere in the range of 200K to 350K immigrants annually to maintain our population. Current U.S. fertility rate is something like 1.9 versus a 2.1 replacement rate.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Technically you're intimation is correct. But the amount of immigration needed is significantly lower than current levels. Depending on the measure, we need somewhere in the range of 200K to 350K immigrants annually to maintain our population. Current U.S. fertility rate is something like 1.9 versus a 2.1 replacement rate.
You do realize that stagnation - simply holding our own - is just as bad as a shrinking population, since the base population without immigration ages creating healthcare problems, job gaps, etc., just as Japan has now...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
You do realize that stagnation - simply holding our own - is just as bad as a shrinking population, since the base population without immigration ages creating healthcare problems, job gaps, etc., just as Japan has now...
Yes, I realize that the population of Japan is not only aging but also declining. The population declined nearly one million people over a 5-year period.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.