Math Teacher Arrested for Having Sex with Three Students

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
So, I tend to agree with Cuda about changing societal norms.
Not only that, but look how society has changed, mainly in the post-war period.

Look at the folks who comprised the "greatest generation".

The guys came home, married their sweetheart, and started to rebuild the world. The guys went to work. The women went back to the kitchens. (Well, not always. There were instances of folks in either camp not adjusting the changes. Wherein lies the roots of the feminist movement.) But, for the most part, everyone was happy to live the suburban dream, of the Leave it to Beaver/Father Knows Best/Ozzie & Harriet world. Dad went to work. Mom stayed home, baked, cleaned, did all the mundane household chores, dressed in her finest dress, topped off with a string of pearls.

Basically, all the young gals opted for motherhood, instead of a career. So, there were no young teachers. All the ones we had were the ones who started in the 30s and 40s. They were tough as nails, and had physical features to match.

Eventually, women got tired of the suburban dream, decided to postpone being a mommy and entered the job market.

Then, and only then, were there any teachers a teenage boy might notice. Why any of them would notice a teenage boy is a mystery to me.

As for male teachers, who prey on young girls.............well, those of you who have daughters can say it better than I can.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
A teacher at my school married the principal's kid and shortly after a child was born.

There was one teacher at my school that thought she was all that. I was never attracted to her. Maybe she was too ugly on the inside.

My band teacher had married her music professor.

This kind of thing has been happening a long time.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not only that, but look how society has changed, mainly in the post-war period.

Look at the folks who comprised the "greatest generation".

The guys came home, married their sweetheart, and started to rebuild the world. The guys went to work. The women went back to the kitchens. (Well, not always. There were instances of folks in either camp not adjusting the changes. Wherein lies the roots of the feminist movement.) But, for the most part, everyone was happy to live the suburban dream, of the Leave it to Beaver/Father Knows Best/Ozzie & Harriet world. Dad went to work. Mom stayed home, baked, cleaned, did all the mundane household chores, dressed in her finest dress, topped off with a string of pearls.

Basically, all the young gals opted for motherhood, instead of a career. So, there were no young teachers. All the ones we had were the ones who started in the 30s and 40s. They were tough as nails, and had physical features to match.

Eventually, women got tired of the suburban dream, decided to postpone being a mommy and entered the job market.

Then, and only then, were there any teachers a teenage boy might notice. Why any of them would notice a teenage boy is a mystery to me.

As for male teachers, who prey on young girls.............well, those of you who have daughters can say it better than I can.
Good observations. At Bama, in the '50s, the School of Education was filled with young ladies marking time and looking for a hubby. In fact, it was considered a disaster to graduate and NOT be at least engaged. Very few really wanted to be teachers and that may be where the present downslide in education started. It was also common knowledge that it was the easiest degree on campus...

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Good observations. At Bama, in the '50s, the School of Education was filled with young ladies marking time and looking for a hubby. In fact, it was considered a disaster to graduate and NOT be at least engaged. Very few really wanted to be teachers and that may be where the present downslide in education started. It was also common knowledge that it was the easiest degree on campus...
Refer to as a MRS degree.:)

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I have a 17 y/o daughter. We monitor her facebook and other social media apps.
Kids today feel they have to share when the go to the bathroom. I totally dont get the mindset.
Its just the way it is and back when I was in school you kept you mouth shut about what you did and you sure didnt take pics. The people that post this are getting what they deserve and I have no compassion for Stupid.
That's because the technology and capabilities did not exist. Otherwise plenty of people you knew you would've been doing that.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
When I was in high school, the female teachers were all of or near the age of grandmothers, or so it seemed.
My eyes were on the girls, not the women.
I guess that when boys started maturing faster and women started teaching younger, a meeting of the two became inevitable. As for male teachers and female students, I don't think it has yet reached that level.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Damn. Assuming guilt, what was she thinking? Smokeshow. Guys her own age would be chomping at the bit to get with her.
Seriously. I honestly haven't known any girl who, once out of high school, wants to go back and date a high school guy. Firstly, the maturity levels are WAY different, and secondly, they are boys, not men. Must be a power trip thing or something.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Seriously. I honestly haven't known any girl who, once out of high school, wants to go back and date a high school guy. Firstly, the maturity levels are WAY different, and secondly, they are boys, not men. Must be a power trip thing or something.
Are they dating them or just banging them? When it comes to people's sexual appetite you never know what they like. It might just be checking off a box on their sexual fantasy list. Who knows?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
When I was in high school, the female teachers were all of or near the age of grandmothers, or so it seemed.
My eyes were on the girls, not the women.
I guess that when boys started maturing faster and women started teaching younger, a meeting of the two became inevitable. As for male teachers and female students, I don't think it has yet reached that level.
It's hard to easily find statistics that show the difference between men and women and the percentages. Here's some stuff from a blog:

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/why-are-so-many-female-teachers-sleeping-students

Terry Abbott, chairman of Drive West Communications and a former chief of staff at the U.S. Department of Education, wrote an article in the Washington Post last year.

He said teachers are committing more student-related sex crimes, and he cited several examples, including the following:

In Texas, home to the largest number of teacher sexual misconduct cases in the country, investigations into alleged inappropriate teacher-student relationships has grown 27 percent over the past three years, to 179. Kentucky schools reported more than 45 sexual relationships between teachers and students in 2011, up from 25 just a year earlier. And a surge has been reported in Alabama, where the state investigated 31 cases during the year ending July 2013, nearly triple the number it had investigated just four years earlier.

But this data involves teacher-student sex crimes generally. What about female educators specifically?

Though Abbott did not directly address this question, the research he cites suggests that female teacher-student sex crimes are on the rise.

In 2014, Abbott said, two-thirds of reported teacher-related sexual misconduct cases with students involved men; that means one-third of the cases involved female teachers.

If Abbott’s statistics are accurate, it would represent an enormous increase from just a decade ago, when female teachers accounted for as little as four percent of reported sex crimes involving students. (This, of course, assumes the studies cited in Saleton’s article are accurate, as well.)
Here's the article he's referencing:

More teachers are having sex with their students. Here’s how schools can stop them.

Unfortunately, these kinds of stories are becoming more common across the country. In 2014 alone, there were 781 reported cases of teachers and other school employees accused or convicted of sexual relationships with students. My firm, Drive West Communications, has been tracking news reports of sexual misconduct by educators for more than a year. Every week has brought news of 15 young people, on average, who were sexually victimized by the educators entrusted with protecting them. That’s an abhorrent rate and a trend that deserves far more attention from school leaders and policy makers.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Yeah, you guys who were not here, in the 50s...........no need for any studies.

Yes, societal norms have changed. And, granted, there was never any talk of spousal abuse, either, but it did go on. (Just ask my aunt, who married the mafioso, back in the 40s. Or either of my grandmothers!)

But, you never saw what our teachers looked like, back then. Trust me: it didn't happen because there was no way it was going to happen.
Remember, the claim I was countering was that this was symptomatic of millennials swelling the ranks of educators.

Your statement is anecdotal, and like the old saying goes, anecdotes!=data. "All my teachers were ornery, unattractive battle-axes" applies to you, but can't claim it across the board. Hell, Hot for Teacher came out in 1984, and Elton John's Teacher I Need You came out in 72. (Before anyone points it out, I'm aware Elton is gay, but the lyrics, written by Taupin, are about a schoolboy fantasizing about his female teacher.)

So it's reasonable to assume some students found their teachers attractive for a while.

To reiterate, we need a study on victimization rates across age demographics. You can't conclusively claim there's been an increase in these assaults just because they're popping up more frequently in the media.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
If Abbott’s statistics are accurate, it would represent an enormous increase from just a decade ago, when female teachers accounted for as little as four percent of reported sex crimes involving students. (This, of course, assumes the studies cited in Saleton’s article are accurate, as well.)
Yep, that's the sort of skepticism I'm referring to. Assuming there is an increase in these assaults, when did it start? Has there been an increase, or have victimization rates remained relatively steady over the last few decades? These are questions we don't have the data to answer as of now.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Your statement is anecdotal, and like the old saying goes, anecdotes!=data. "All my teachers were ornery, unattractive battle-axes" applies to you, but can't claim it across the board. Hell, Hot for Teacher came out in 1984, and Elton John's Teacher I Need You came out in 72. (Before anyone points it out, I'm aware Elton is gay, but the lyrics, written by Taupin, are about a schoolboy fantasizing about his female teacher.)

Are they dating them or just banging them? When it comes to people's sexual appetite you never know what they like. It might just be checking off a box on their sexual fantasy list. Who knows?
If you want a guy that can go several times in a row, that's a pretty narrow demographic :D

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

If you want a guy that can go several times in a row, that's a pretty narrow demographic :D
No kdding. LOL! It may just be a kinky sexual fantasy for these women/teachers. They may get some type of sexual arousal out of seeing young bucks gazing at them like they're a goddess. Like I said earlier, people have some kinky/weird fantasies. It may be no different than male pedophiles. They have a sickness for young boys/girls and it's been said they can't be rehabbed. We maybe just seeing the female version of it.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Your statement is anecdotal, and like the old saying goes, anecdotes!=data. "All my teachers were ornery, unattractive battle-axes" applies to you, but can't claim it across the board.
I can, for the 50s. Ask anyone else who was there.

Yes, I got it...................the 60s happened. I was there, also.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So Earle, since you've lived through some era's that some of us haven't. In your opinion are we seeing an increase in these type of things or is the "internet" and other forms of access that weren't present back then, just revealing what has always been?
I think the incidence is increasing. I just went back and looked at the pix of my HS teachers. I don't think any of them would get a second look from a HS boy. Actually, the nicest looking one was the butch PE teacher, except her hair was shorter than mine and she had clear plastic-rimmed glasses. At least the official pic didn't have a cigarette hanging out of the corner of her mouth. When I have time, I'll scan them and post. You'll see what I mean...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.