Nice David Palmer Article

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
He was one of the best ever to wear Crimson and White, that's for sure! Up until he left Bama he was the best player on the field no matter who they played!! He was a nasty h.s. player too. For him to have 1,000 yards was amazing considering who his QB was:biggrin:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He was very talented, but he knows it and that shows a little to much in this piece for my tastes.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
He was one of the best ever to wear Crimson and White, that's for sure! Up until he left Bama he was the best player on the field no matter who they played!! He was a nasty h.s. player too. For him to have 1,000 yards was amazing considering who his QB was:biggrin:
Every Friday night seeing Jackson Olin's highlights were a lot of fun back in the day. I met him a couple of times and you would never know by looking at him how good of a football player he was. He was not a big guy at all. He just blended in as a normal person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
He was very talented, but he knows it and that shows a little to much in this piece for my tastes.
It's possible this effect is due to editing. It's a short piece with quotations out of context for sure. It seems he was asked some leading questions about comparing eras and coaches.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's possible this effect is due to editing. It's a short piece with quotations out of context for sure. It seems he was asked some leading questions about comparing eras and coaches.
Good point.

CrimsonSnake

3rd Team
Aug 21, 2002
Huntsville, ALABAMA, USA
Every Friday night seeing Jackson Olin's highlights were a lot of fun back in the day. I met him a couple of times and you would never know by looking at him how good of a football player he was. He was not a big guy at all. He just blended in as a normal person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, not a big guy at all, but he was solid as a rock. I was hurrying up the stairwell at the same time he was hurrying down the stairwell in Ten-Hoor and I bounced off of him like I'd been pushed down backwards. Nice guy though, both of us did our "excuse me/sorry dude" and then scurried off to class.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I was actually shocked that he gave an interview. As someone who played against him in youth and high school football as well as in basketball, the guy was that good and he never said a word. Not one word.
Once saw him throw a football 70 yards in high school and he just shrugged his shoulders. Not cocky, no trash talk, just a "wow I did that" shrug of the shoulders.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.