Nice David Palmer Article
    BamaNation First Team snake plissken's Avatar

Had David Palmer stayed his senior year in 1994, no doubt we would have another National title.

David Palmer on Gene Stallings, Lane Kiffin and what would've been his 4th year
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...stallings.html

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Re: Nice David Palmer Article

He was one of the best ever to wear Crimson and White, that's for sure! Up until he left Bama he was the best player on the field no matter who they played!! He was a nasty h.s. player too. For him to have 1,000 yards was amazing considering who his QB was

BamaNation All-American bamamc1's Avatar

He was a threat to score every time he touched the ball.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

He was very talented, but he knows it and that shows a little to much in this piece for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    He was one of the best ever to wear Crimson and White, that's for sure! Up until he left Bama he was the best player on the field no matter who they played!! He was a nasty h.s. player too. For him to have 1,000 yards was amazing considering who his QB was
    Every Friday night seeing Jackson Olin's highlights were a lot of fun back in the day. I met him a couple of times and you would never know by looking at him how good of a football player he was. He was not a big guy at all. He just blended in as a normal person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Con; June 18th, 2017 at 10:05 AM.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    He was very talented, but he knows it and that shows a little to much in this piece for my tastes.
    It's possible this effect is due to editing. It's a short piece with quotations out of context for sure. It seems he was asked some leading questions about comparing eras and coaches.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA4Bama View Post
    It's possible this effect is due to editing. It's a short piece with quotations out of context for sure. It seems he was asked some leading questions about comparing eras and coaches.
    Good point.

BamaNation Second Team CrimsonSnake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    Every Friday night seeing Jackson Olin's highlights were a lot of fun back in the day. I met him a couple of times and you would never know by looking at him how good of a football player he was. He was not a big guy at all. He just blended in as a normal person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope, not a big guy at all, but he was solid as a rock. I was hurrying up the stairwell at the same time he was hurrying down the stairwell in Ten-Hoor and I bounced off of him like I'd been pushed down backwards. Nice guy though, both of us did our "excuse me/sorry dude" and then scurried off to class.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    "Your Posterior? That's your butt, right?"
    Snake Stabler to Eli Gold

Photo taken in front of Rose Bowl Jan 7, 2010.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I was actually shocked that he gave an interview. As someone who played against him in youth and high school football as well as in basketball, the guy was that good and he never said a word. Not one word.
    Once saw him throw a football 70 yards in high school and he just shrugged his shoulders. Not cocky, no trash talk, just a "wow I did that" shrug of the shoulders.