Link: The coming solar eclipse!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
we are getting a pretty good view here in atlanta. i am glad it is on a weekday because my daughter's montessori school will probably base their entire day around it.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
We get 99.1% here in Athens. Several places in town are having viewing parties. I know they're having one at Sanford Stadium and the Sandy Creek Nature Center, probably some others.

As for me, I'm driving up the road about an hour with my 3 year old son to Toccoa. It's in the path of totality and they'll have a festival for the event starting at noon with food, stuff for kids, etc. Actually going to try and get into town a couple of hours earlier than noon to scout out a parking spot, and possibly go check out the Currahee Military Museum.

http://www.mainstreettoccoa.com/totally-toccoa--2017-solar-eclipse

I picked up glasses for us a few weeks back here in town and have been getting my son excited about it. He's looking forward to seeing "the sun disappear!". He keeps wanting to watch videos on YouTube of other eclipses.

My wife saw an annular eclipse back in the old country (Brazil) in the 90s, so she's staying put here with our 1 year old daughter as that's prime nap time for her.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I see where there are certain grocery store chains selling the glasses for $7.29 or such, if I'm going to pay for them I'll go by Lowes or Home Depot and get a pair of welder's goggles/glasses. I would think they would be dark enough, does anyone know for sure?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Krispy Kreme is offering Chocolate Glazed "Eclipse" Doughnuts during the evening Hot Light hours Saturday & Sunday, and all day on Monday.

Click this.

Since Mrs. TiA is sticking around town, she'll be getting a dozen (or so) for us.
Breaking News: Krispy Kreme in Knoxville to be out of these donuts as soon as they're available.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Better head up Sunday - they're already warning people in Memphis that I40 is likely to be a parking lot on Monday...
We finally decided to settle for 97%, despite what I've heard about its resemblance to coitus interruptus. If we decide to go, we will probably drive up towards Murphreesboro or McMinnville...

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We'll get what we can in Birmingham. Kids are watching at school so we'll go there. No glasses, of course, so I'll have to borrow theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're outfitted with glasses, but it was a struggle. I had ordered one pair from Amazon. I started hearing about the canceled orders and recalls and checked my account. Although I'd ordered them through Prime, they were delayed to August 22. I got on the phone and started chewing on CS. All they had which they could guarantee were a pack of ten for $100, but they'd give a $20 discount. The excess weren't hard to sell at all...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.