News Article: Jurors in Bill Cosby's trial say they are deadlocked (later convicted)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
(CNN)Jurors in the Bill Cosby trial said Thursday they are deadlocked and cannot come to a unanimous consensus on any of the three counts of aggravated indecent assault the comedian faces.
Judge Steven O'Neill asked the jury, which began deliberating Monday evening, to go back to deliberating in another attempt to reach consensus.
"If you are still deadlocked, you should report that to me. If you've reached a unanimous decision on some of the charges, please report that back to me," O'Neill said.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/us/bill-cosby-trial-verdict/index.html

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Looks like the judge may try to torture the jury into unanimity.
Either way I hope that the jurors stand by their convictions on how they feel after the trial. A lot of bullying can go on in these situations to get people to change their minds and often they regret it later.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Either way I hope that the jurors stand by their convictions on how they feel after the trial. A lot of bullying can go on in these situations to get people to change their minds and often they regret it later.
Speaking of this - did you see the series "The People vs OJ Simpson?:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
hey, hey, hey. looks like bill's going to the pokey

link

NORRISTOWN, PA. —
A judge sentenced comedian Bill Cosby to three to 10 years in state prison Tuesday, five months after a jury found him guilty of drugging and molesting a onetime friend in 2004.

Judge Steven O’Neil handed down the sentence after ruling earlier in the day that Cosby, 81, is a “sexually violent predator.” The designation means he will have to undergo lifetime counseling and report regularly to authorities.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I was told when I was growing up that I needed to be more like Cosby and less like that foul mouthed Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy.

Parents. What do they know?

Cosby in prison but Trump as President totally throws my 80s kid equilibrium......

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Interesting idea.

That depends.....what would a pardon of Cosby do for Trump?
prove to Trump that he isn't racist because he pardoned a black guy?

be used as proof that Trump isn't racist because he pardoned a black guy by his army of morons?

distract against something else going on?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
prove to Trump that he isn't racist because he pardoned a black guy?

be used as proof that Trump isn't racist because he pardoned a black guy by his army of morons?

distract against something else going on?
I might agree save the backlash would be rather strong from #metoo and it would also reinforce the old "different rules for the wealthy" reality.

Of course, I can answer my own question.......because Trump's mind is still stuck in the 80s and Cosby is "an American icon" and "America's Dad" and so on and so on

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I might agree save the backlash would be rather strong from #metoo and it would also reinforce the old "different rules for the wealthy" reality.

Of course, I can answer my own question.......because Trump's mind is still stuck in the 80s and Cosby is "an American icon" and "America's Dad" and so on and so on
and he has proven he doesn't care about evidence or proof. The central park 5 have been fully and beyond any reasonable doubt been completely exonerated and Trump still holds that they should have been executed.

Reactions: selmaborntidefan

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
and he has proven he doesn't care about evidence or proof. The central park 5 have been fully and beyond any reasonable doubt been completely exonerated and Trump still holds that they should have been executed.
You get no argument from me on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.