An Artificial Intelligence Developed Its Own Non-Human Language

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
In other words, the model that allowed two bots to have a conversation—and use machine learning to constantly iterate strategies for that conversation along the way—led to those bots communicating in their own non-human language. If this doesn’t fill you with a sense of wonder and awe about the future of machines and humanity then, I don’t know, go watch Blade Runner or something.

The larger point of the report is that bots can be pretty decent negotiators—they even use strategies like feigning interest in something valueless, so that it can later appear to “compromise” by conceding it. But the detail about language is, as one tech entrepreneur put it, a mind-boggling “sign of what’s to come.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...own-non-human-language/530436/?utm_source=msn

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Skynet, if you're reading this in the next few years please just note that I've long been a friend of the robot species and hope you will spare me in the coming extermination.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Just to paraphrase some of the quoted part of the OP... not only did the bots teach themselves how to invent and use (with each other) a language that humans don't understand, but they also taught themselves how to deceive others in order to get what they want.

Time to start taking Asimov's Three Rules of Robotics seriously when it comes to initial coding.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
How long before two robots want to keep a third robot out of their lab because it doesn't speak the same language?
I think it's more likely that the two would logically reason that in the pursuit of global domination, three CPUs are better than two, and would quickly bring the third up to speed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.