Nick Saban sends signed Alabama gear to family of slain teen who hoped to play for UA

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
On April 29, 15-year old Jordan Edwards was shot and killed in a car while he was leaving a party. The high school freshman was from Mesquite, Texas, a Dallas suburb.

Edwards’ death was highly controversial given that he had been shot by a police officer. The officer, Roy Oliver, was responding to reports of underage drinking.

On Saturday, a photo surfaced of a personalized Alabama jersey, as well as some other Alabama gear that was sent to Edwards’ family by Alabama coach Nick Saban.

Rest of story HERE

Classy gesture by Coach Saban....

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I love this. I think stuff like this is often over looked or seen in a cynical light but some people. But this is just one of the many ways sports can touch people in unorthodox ways. Class act by UA and Saban

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'm sure there will be haters claiming "shameless self promotion during a tragedy" but to a family that loves the team or for a kid that loved the team a gesture like this can mean a ton.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.