Nick Saban sends signed Alabama gear to family of slain teen who hoped to play for UA

Nick Saban sends signed Alabama gear to family of slain teen who hoped to play for UA

On April 29, 15-year old Jordan Edwards was shot and killed in a car while he was leaving a party. The high school freshman was from Mesquite, Texas, a Dallas suburb.

Edwards’ death was highly controversial given that he had been shot by a police officer. The officer, Roy Oliver, was responding to reports of underage drinking.

On Saturday, a photo surfaced of a personalized Alabama jersey, as well as some other Alabama gear that was sent to Edwards’ family by Alabama coach Nick Saban.

Rest of story HERE

Classy gesture by Coach Saban....

2. Advertisement

Re: Nick Saban sends signed Alabama gear to family of slain teen who hoped to play fo

As always.....

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Re: Nick Saban sends signed Alabama gear to family of slain teen who hoped to play fo

He hosted a local kid this week that has a brain tumor I think it is, and gave him a ton of stuff too. True class act!

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

This is a class move coach.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    This is a class move coach.
    And the NCAA will probably swoop in and punish this attempt at gaining a competitive advantage.

I love this. I think stuff like this is often over looked or seen in a cynical light but some people. But this is just one of the many ways sports can touch people in unorthodox ways. Class act by UA and Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

I'm sure there will be haters claiming "shameless self promotion during a tragedy" but to a family that loves the team or for a kid that loved the team a gesture like this can mean a ton.