US F/A-18 downs Syrian bomber

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The Russians could easily avoid NATO intercepts if they would just behave like normal countries and tell Air Traffic Controllers who the heck they are.
Instead, they play stupid games like not talking to non-Russian ATC and turning off their collision-avoidance transponders. The Russians are telling the rest of the countries in Europe, in effect, "You're not the boss of me!" And if that sounds petulant, that's because it is.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
To be fair, I imagine we probably don't either in some parts of the world.

But we're both going to play chicken until there is an accident and it's going to go downhill pretty dang fast.. Both countries are basically begging for it now.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
To be fair, I imagine we probably don't either in some parts of the world.

But we're both going to play chicken until there is an accident and it's going to go downhill pretty dang fast.. Both countries are basically begging for it now.
You're probably right, say, in Syria. On the other hand, there is a war on in Syria and combat aircraft have been shot down, so broadcasting your location can get you killed.
I dare say that the last aircraft shot down over the Baltic was in 1945. The Russians are just being buttheads and they're going to get someone killed by accident.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.