US F/A-18 downs Syrian bomber

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Developed in 1970, soooo we shot down what amounts to a biplane. I don't like where this is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Well, to be fair, the F18 was developed in the mid-70's. :wink: Understand the super hornet has been advanced considerably. But hey, if the Syrians wanna bring a knife to a gunfight...let'em.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Sounds like we were protecting US ground forces in Syria.
Why are the ground forces there? Do we have the right to be there? I would venture to say no. We can't keep playing global cop at the taxpayers, and more importantly, service men's and women's (and their families') expense.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Why are the ground forces there? Do we have the right to be there? I would venture to say no. We can't keep playing global cop at the taxpayers, and more importantly, service men's and women's (and their families') expense.
If we are there, then I do not mind us shooting every plane and threat they throw at us . I do not support being there but if we are then we should stop with the half messures.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
If we are there, then I do not mind us shooting every plane and threat they throw at us . I do not support being there but if we are then we should stop with the half messures.
What legal justification do we have being there? Did Syria threaten us or attack us? If not, let Syria deal with Syrian problems.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
What legal justification do we have being there? Did Syria threaten us or attack us? If not, let Syria deal with Syrian problems.
I was not speaking of legal justification and stated I do not support being there. I do think however if we are there then this half way doing stuff, and never accomplishing anything is WORSE than useless.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I was not speaking of legal justification and stated I do not support being there. I do think however if we are there then this half way doing stuff, and never accomplishing anything is WORSE than useless.

I sort of understand your point, but at the same time, if we shot down a Syrian plane in Syrian air space making a bombing run on Syrian rebels, what was the point? It wasn't bombing American troops so why shoot it down?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.