Link: 5 things we learned from Phil Savage's upcoming book on Nick Saban

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Saban seemed to use the reference "He has to grab the bull by the horns" a few times at the beginning of the season. I don't think Jake did that until the Ole Miss game. He also won the team over in that game per Saban.
He certainly won me over after the Ole Miss game. Now, I knew he was better than Bateman going into that season but I just was not sold on him. For me, Blake Sims (the year before) was obviously more ready than Jake was -- which to me was something of a shocker. When 2015 started he was still hesitant and unsure of himself. I was worried he was going to be a bust. Jake certainly improved his confidence from the Ole Miss game and going forward. He wasn't perfect but he was tough, could make most deep throws and out of nowhere started to seem like a true leader. It was something to see. It was one year and he won't be an NFL QB but I think we owe him a good deal of appreciation.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
He certainly won me over after the Ole Miss game. Now, I knew he was better than Bateman going into that season but I just was not sold on him. For me, Blake Sims (the year before) was obviously more ready than Jake was -- which to me was something of a shocker. When 2015 started he was still hesitant and unsure of himself. I was worried he was going to be a bust. Jake certainly improved his confidence from the Ole Miss game and going forward. He wasn't perfect but he was tough, could make most deep throws and out of nowhere started to seem like a true leader. It was something to see. It was one year and he won't be an NFL QB but I think we owe him a good deal of appreciation.
I think that benching really helped him because instead of all the pressure of being the starting QB for Alabama he was a guy coming in to a game we were already down and struggling in. While its really hard to be the guy that comes in during the middle of a game it is also a lot less pressure IMO and you have less time to think about it. You just have to go out there and play.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Mine comes in Friday from Amazon. Can't wait! After I read it, it will sit next to my other books about Saban and BAMA football, and my autographed football from Saban :)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Just started chapter 6, where Phil is describing his first day working for the Browns.

I can't post what Belichick said. You guys are just going to have to read it, to find out.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Am I alone in never thinking the "Process" came from Belichick nor anything that is mentioned in this graph?
In regard to your quote and the "body type," a young man who played DE at my son's high school in 2013 was being scouted by OU. Apparently, the scout came out to see him and said that his calves were too skinny for a DE and nixed him right then and there.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
No you`re not. I`ve always assumed that the Process was an evolutionarily derived entity resulting from years of personal experience, observation ( including but not exclusively CBB ), and his own personal personality and beliefs in how things should work.
Correct, the Process is a process by which the processing of processed experiences processes future behavior against future opponents.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
If you're keeping score at home; processed food is bad for you, being processed by Nick Saban leaves you broken and unable to focus, however being a part of the process is a beautiful thing and watching the process unfold has been great for us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
In regard to your quote and the "body type," a young man who played DE at my son's high school in 2013 was being scouted by OU. Apparently, the scout came out to see him and said that his calves were too skinny for a DE and nixed him right then and there.

That is just the beginning. CNS has an ideal EVERYTHING, including ankle flexibility. A lot of which he can tell by watching you walk down the hall.

One thing is "the bubble". Mrs. C was not impressed by that, because.................well........

Ironic part is we were watching the episode of King of the Hill, where Hank was suffering with "diminished glute syndrome".

She still wasn't impressed.

Women..............

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I just finished the book today. It is a must read for bama fans. It goes into a lot of the inner workings of Coach Saban and how he does things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.