JUCO DT Emmit Gooden Commits to Arkansas
    BamaNation All-American

JUCO DT Emmit Gooden Commits to Arkansas

I`m assuming he had a committable offer to us (?). If so, dang. A big time position of need for us in the next class. Sure would be interesting to know what the clincher was for the hogs over us.

2. Advertisement

Re: Gooden Commits to Arkansas

Who is Gooden, what position does he play?

JUCO DT Emmit Gooden

Some of you really need to stop worrying right now. Saban has said we are only taking 22 guys this year. That alone should be a sign the staff is going to be very selective. And there's also a chance the staff is continuing to evaluate because they aren't fond of the entire group of prospects.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar

Good luck to the young man. It could be he will see the field earlier playing for the Hogs. Bama will be fine without him.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    JUCO DT Emmit Gooden

Some of you really need to stop worrying right now. Saban has said we are only taking 22 guys this year. That alone should be a sign the staff is going to be very selective. And there's also a chance the staff is continuing to evaluate because they aren't fond of the entire group of prospects.
    Not really " worried" per se, just expressing a bit of disappointment if Gooden was a prospect that the staff was high on and really wanted. As well, I`m working from an assumption that the D line in general, and DT in particular, are very high on the priority list this cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Not really " worried" per se, just expressing a bit of disappointment if Gooden was a prospect that the staff was high on and really wanted. As well, I`m working from an assumption that the D line in general, and DT in particular, are very high on the priority list this cycle.
    If we really want him I think we will get him.

I started not to post this because I can't remember the guy's name, but a few days ago I read an article by a recruiting guru stating how high Gooden was on Bama and how he loved Bama. Then the guru stated that he did not expect Gooden to end up at Bama because there were to many other linemen higher on Bama's board than Gooden. My take from the article, even though the guru didn't say it, was that he Gooden didn't have a committable offer. I could be incorrect, but that was my take.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar

Re: JUCO DT Emmit Gooden Commits to Arkansas

I would think, especially for d line, the staff is wanting to bring in freshmen unless the juco talent is all that's available. I could be wrong.