JUCO DT Emmit Gooden Commits to Arkansas

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`m assuming he had a committable offer to us (?). If so, dang. A big time position of need for us in the next class. Sure would be interesting to know what the clincher was for the hogs over us.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Gooden Commits to Arkansas

JUCO DT Emmit Gooden

Some of you really need to stop worrying right now. Saban has said we are only taking 22 guys this year. That alone should be a sign the staff is going to be very selective. And there's also a chance the staff is continuing to evaluate because they aren't fond of the entire group of prospects.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Good luck to the young man. It could be he will see the field earlier playing for the Hogs. Bama will be fine without him.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

JUCO DT Emmit Gooden

Some of you really need to stop worrying right now. Saban has said we are only taking 22 guys this year. That alone should be a sign the staff is going to be very selective. And there's also a chance the staff is continuing to evaluate because they aren't fond of the entire group of prospects.
Not really " worried" per se, just expressing a bit of disappointment if Gooden was a prospect that the staff was high on and really wanted. As well, I`m working from an assumption that the D line in general, and DT in particular, are very high on the priority list this cycle.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Not really " worried" per se, just expressing a bit of disappointment if Gooden was a prospect that the staff was high on and really wanted. As well, I`m working from an assumption that the D line in general, and DT in particular, are very high on the priority list this cycle.
If we really want him I think we will get him.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

I started not to post this because I can't remember the guy's name, but a few days ago I read an article by a recruiting guru stating how high Gooden was on Bama and how he loved Bama. Then the guru stated that he did not expect Gooden to end up at Bama because there were to many other linemen higher on Bama's board than Gooden. My take from the article, even though the guru didn't say it, was that he Gooden didn't have a committable offer. I could be incorrect, but that was my take.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.