Alabama receiver Robert Foster injured in auto accident

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Can't let all motor cyclists off the hook. I've been passed by blurs on the interstate and I've seen motorcycles split the cars at a stop light so they could get to the head of the line. I'm not excusing lack of driver awareness, just that sometimes there's no way you can see or predict what a motor cycle will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There does seem to be a group of motorcyclist and bicyclist that give the others a bad name. They seem to think the rules of the road do not apply to them and they are somehow special. These people are the reason people in cars hate all of them.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
There does seem to be a group of motorcyclist and bicyclist that give the others a bad name. They seem to think the rules of the road do not apply to them and they are somehow special. These people are the reason people in cars hate all of them.

A buddy was riding his bicycle, and was run over, by a guy riding a motorcycle. Broke his spine, in 2 places, and his life has been miserable, ever since then.

We need to do something with all this cycle-on-cycle violence.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I know some pro contracts require the players not to participate in certain, otherwise lawful, activities. ATVs and dirt bikes make the list. So does hang gliding. Poor Robert already does not seem to be blessed with a lot of luck where his health is concerned. Perhaps he should play some video games for the rest of the summer vacation.... (Says the guy who once drove his car through a 125-year-old building on a dare).

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Can't let all motor cyclists off the hook. I've been passed by blurs on the interstate and I've seen motorcycles split the cars at a stop light so they could get to the head of the line. I'm not excusing lack of driver awareness, just that sometimes there's no way you can see or predict what a motor cycle will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In some states lane splitting is legal.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
That was a pretty good lick to smash a windshield like that. Tough dude. Best wishes for a quick healing.
With that said, California does indeed allow lane splitting. Works for sport bikes; not so much touring types. Not for me either way. As for riding a dirt bike in the parking lot, many "dirt bikes" are equipped to be street legal. I started riding on the street and dirt in 1973. Back then, about the only street riders were club members, and it was very dangerous since the driving public held us in low regard. Now, over 15% of households has a MC, so even when they aren't riding, they are vividly aware of MC's. I do local and long distance riding and have covered 43 states so far, with the rest in view, and find it safer now than it has ever been. Always vulnerable, but I can't remember the last time I had to take evasive action due to others.
Again, Robert, heal well and soon.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
You're lucky man. The last few times I rode I almost had to lay it down due to idiots pulling out in front of me like I'm not even there. Harley's are not made for high speed (like sportbikes) and slowing down real fast. But people think that way, that's for sure.:eek2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.