Alabama receiver Robert Foster injured in auto accident

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
When riding a motorcycle, drive as though you are invisible.

Even then, it may be impossible to avoid stupid drivers.

The privilege of driving is one we allow people to keep far too easily; a large number of people should have lost their driving privilege a long, long time ago.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Hope he bounces back.

Given how injury prone he has been, what the hell was he doing on a dirt bike in the first place?
Not only on a dirt bike, but the location is not where one rides a dirt bike...

Alabama receiver Robert Foster was involved in an automobile accident Saturday evening, sources have told BamaInsider.com. Foster, a senior from Monaca, Pa., was riding a dirt bike when he was struck by a car in the parking lot of the of the Mal M. Moore Athletic Facility.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yeah, I know that we shouldn`t live our lives in a bubble, but considering his apparent "luck " when it comes to injuries, Robert might want to be a tad extra careful and observant. Just a suggestion.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Hope he bounces back.

Given how injury prone he has been, what the hell was he doing on a dirt bike in the first place?
I'm with ya.
There are times I wish Coach Saban would just order these guys to get inside a big bubble until football season, but a young man has to do young man things, I guess.
I wish him a quick recovery.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
One thing to be aware of when riding any kind of bike, whether it is a motor bike or a pedal bike, just because you see them doesn’t mean they see you. As a matter of fact they 95% of the time don’t see you.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
One thing to be aware of when riding any kind of bike, whether it is a motor bike or a pedal bike, just because you see them doesn’t mean they see you. As a matter of fact they 95% of the time don’t see you.
This is what I tell my child when we ride our bikes. I also tell him you only get one mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I read an article once describing why people don't see motor bikes. It is called Pattern Recognition. We are used to looking for an oncoming automobile or truck. We see this "pattern" each time we look both ways. A motor cycle does not fit the pattern we are looking for. This is also a problem football players have on Boise's blue field. Pattern recognition looks for players on a green field .... not a blue field and it take some getting used to. It is not the pattern our eyes are used to seeing.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I read an article once describing why people don't see motor bikes. It is called Pattern Recognition. We are used to looking for an oncoming automobile or truck. We see this "pattern" each time we look both ways. A motor cycle does not fit the pattern we are looking for. This is also a problem football players have on Boise's blue field. Pattern recognition looks for players on a green field .... not a blue field and it take some getting used to. It is not the pattern our eyes are used to seeing.
I think most of it is fools being on their phones. It doesn't help that kids don't even have to drive in front of a State Trooper anymore, they can pass it in front of their drivers education instructor. Talk about a joke!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Can't let all motor cyclists off the hook. I've been passed by blurs on the interstate and I've seen motorcycles split the cars at a stop light so they could get to the head of the line. I'm not excusing lack of driver awareness, just that sometimes there's no way you can see or predict what a motor cycle will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.