Judging by a Recent Picture of Amari Cooper, He's Been in the Weight Room - Big Time

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Hope he turns into what Julio is, or at least get close
He's a different type of receiver than Julio. I see him as a bigger Antonio Brown. The Marvin Harrison comp is a good one as well.

He's finally back playing for his home team after resting for a year and he's got an even better O-line to run behind. I'd expect a decent season.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The worry for me with RBs is you just never know when the will fall off. Taking a year off should be a big help for his body but you still just never know with old RBs. Health is key for such a physical RB like him too.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I could be dead wrong but I actually expect you to get 3-4 good seasons out of Marshawn. IF (big IF) he wants to play. I think being back home goes a long way towards motivating him. But his qualities as a runner probably won't slide so much as to hobble him. He never had breakout speed but he's strong as an ox with astonishingly good balance and above average vision. While most RB's lose burst and agility those have never been the pillars of Marshawn's success in my eyes.

I'm assuming you are talking about a new RB with the last name "Hood" and not just a new RB who you are referring to as a "hood kid." lol. I don't know anything about Hood but it won't hurt to sit and watch Marshawn Lynch play football.
Elijah Hood from North Carolina. Good size kid who has some promise.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
He looks to have workout muscle pump. A good pump can put four times the normal amount of blood into a muscle. It doesn't stay that way however. Another pic a few hours post workout won't show that arm pump.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Like his predecessor (Julio Jones), Amari Cooper bulked up to make himself stronger when it came to wrestling the ball away for defenders. He's got 'GUNS' now...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I follow the Raiders pretty close and it seemed there was a point last season Coop got frustrated. Though he had a decent year there were many games he was getting man handled at the line and in routes. He would disappear for big chunks of games and many times in the crucial parts. I think the "bulk up" is a response to that. He probably knew if he's going to make it in this league for the long term he had to do something. I applaud his work and hope it pays off for him. He's got a franchise quarterback at least for the next five years. So if he does his part there's no doubt Carr will get it to him.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
No money on them I hope.
What an utter flop they were. And Cooper has been MIA the last 2 seasons.

On paper at the start of 2017 they looked to have a super competitive team. Coming off a playoff run and picking up Marshawn Lynch in the offseason. A pretty salty front 7. Great O-line. They just lost it. The margins for error in the NFL really are razor thin.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
What an utter flop they were. And Cooper has been MIA the last 2 seasons.

On paper at the start of 2017 they looked to have a super competitive team. Coming off a playoff run and picking up Marshawn Lynch in the offseason. A pretty salty front 7. Great O-line. They just lost it. The margins for error in the NFL really are razor thin.
Fellow Raider fan here. I'm beginning to question Coop's desire to play football. I think he's on the last year of his rookie contract and if his agent ask for #1 WR type money my guess is he'll be gone. The talent level on defense needs to be upgraded, hence Gruden getting rid of most of McKenzie's guys on defense, except for Mack. Which he traded him because there's no way we could re-tool the defense AND pay him the kind of money he wanted. For Del Rio's entire tenure the defense was like swiss cheese and it was because lack of player development and bad drafting. Hurst, Hall and Arden Key were Gruden's first picks in his effort to upgrade the defense. As you witnessed yesterday and the previous three games, the defense simply gives up too many chunk plays. Carr is also learning a new, more complex offensive scheme. But yesterday appeared to be turning a corner in grasping it. He looked like a top five franchise QB the second half of that game. But back to Coop, he just doesn't appear to want to be out there. His body language on the field has concerned me the since last year.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Didn't Coop have 8 catches for 128 yards and 1TD yesterday?

I know he ate my Broncos up 2 weeks ago with another 100+ yard game.

I mean he's actually on pace to have his 3rd 1,000 yard season in 4 years.

For some reason Carr just does not consistently get him the ball??

He probably should be frustrated because what highlights I can catch he still has All-World Talent and Runs great Routes and gets WIDE OPEN.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't Coop have 8 catches for 128 yards and 1TD yesterday?

I know he ate my Broncos up 2 weeks ago with another 100+ yard game.

I mean he's actually on pace to have his 3rd 1,000 yard season in 4 years.

For some reason Carr just does not consistently get him the ball??

He probably should be frustrated because what highlights I can catch he still has All-World Talent and Runs great Routes and gets WIDE OPEN.
Didn't know that. Will have to look at it. Early in the season Gruden was saying he still wasn't happy with Coops production. Did not know that had turned around.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.