Judging by a Recent Picture of Amari Cooper, He's Been in the Weight Room - Big Time

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
He hasn't. I'm a raider fan and this was specifically addressed in the media and verified in practice. He's turned himself into an absolute beast with adding size/strength AND not losing speed and quickness.
This is huge for him. If he can become more physical without losing his speed and elusiveness he's going to wreck things. Now if they will only start using him in the Redzone more because I'm going to have to draft him in Fantasy this year.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
He hasn't. I'm a raider fan and this was specifically addressed in the media and verified in practice. He's turned himself into an absolute beast with adding size/strength AND not losing speed and quickness.
Raiders are my pick to be in the super bowl. I've been a surrogate fan ever since they drafted Carr, then came Amari and it's only been amplified. Can't believe how big he's gotten. As if he wasn't tricky enough to bring down in the open field.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
so i just did a side by side to last year, with them sized as close as i could regarding scale. New Cooper looks like 2016 cooper when 2016 cooper is wearing pads.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Raiders are my pick to be in the super bowl. I've been a surrogate fan ever since they drafted Carr, then came Amari and it's only been amplified. Can't believe how big he's gotten. As if he wasn't tricky enough to bring down in the open field.
If they can get a power running game to eat up clock in games where they have a late second half lead and get better in the secondary. They have a legit shot at making a superbowl run. If they don't improve in BOTH of these areas. They're just a playoff team who'll get bounced in the first round.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
He's finally back playing for his home team after resting for a year and he's got an even better O-line to run behind. I'd expect a decent season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope you're right. At worst he can give us one year of production for them to groom the Hood kid drafted in the later rounds. He's got good size and has potential to be that big back/eat up clock type player.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I hope you're right. At worst he can give us one year of production for them to groom the Hood kid drafted in the later rounds. He's got good size and has potential to be that big back/eat up clock type player.
I could be dead wrong but I actually expect you to get 3-4 good seasons out of Marshawn. IF (big IF) he wants to play. I think being back home goes a long way towards motivating him. But his qualities as a runner probably won't slide so much as to hobble him. He never had breakout speed but he's strong as an ox with astonishingly good balance and above average vision. While most RB's lose burst and agility those have never been the pillars of Marshawn's success in my eyes.

I'm assuming you are talking about a new RB with the last name "Hood" and not just a new RB who you are referring to as a "hood kid." lol. I don't know anything about Hood but it won't hurt to sit and watch Marshawn Lynch play football.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.