The Story Behind CNS' "Butt-Chewing" of Lane Kiffin

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Re: The Story Behind CNS' "...-Chewing" of Lane Kiffin

I truly believe Coach Saban is the most competitive coach alive.....

Thanks Rush...hope you are having a great Canadian summer! :)

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
This really does shed new light on the situation. Everyone accused Saban of humiliating Kiffin but Kiffin's comment about Foster may go a long way in explaining what set off the situation.

It may also explain why Foster didn't play as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Re: The Story Behind CNS' "...-Chewing" of Lane Kiffin

Good weather is only now upon us, Bazza.

Got 3 x the average rainfall this Spring, so feel totally cheated...

Given how short the "nice weather" season is up here, as much as I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv football season, I don't dare wish away Summer in order to get there...

In fact, people up here say that we only have two seasons.

Winter, and construction...

Hope all is well w you, brother, and enjoy what I can only assume is the continued good weather in Florida!

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Saban clearly was not having one of his staff talk crap about a player over the headset. Good on him. This is why kids want to play and play hard for Nick Saban.

This is also probably why Kiffin's longevity at any program is short: his mouth betrays him eventually.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
I tried to like him, I really did. I imagine most of us tried. It was a very hard thing to do.
Big difference between like and respect.. I liked him as a difference maker in offensive thinking....as a leader, roll model, and teacher of young men.... No "R.E.S.P.E.C.T".. Aretha Franklin

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Big difference between like and respect.. I liked him as a difference maker in offensive thinking....as a leader, roll model, and teacher of young men.... No "R.E.S.P.E.C.T".. Aretha Franklin
Tell you what, Nick Saban is one of the best roll models in Alabama history! :D

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I tried to like him, I really did. I imagine most of us tried. It was a very hard thing to do.
I was not a fan of his hiring, have never liked him and never will. I trusted CNS's judgement, never said anything much about him on here and hoped for the best. He had to seek his own level at some point, end of story.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.