This is our world by Steve Cutts

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Not my world.

Last week, I tried to get hold of a vendor. He called back, when I was out. So, I called him back.

"I sent you a text. Didn't you get it?"
"Not sure how you think I got it."
"You should have it. I sent it to this number."
"It's a 'land line'. It doesn't 'text'."

He was silent, for several seconds.

Have no use, for those annoying personal enslavement devices. Most of my friends are just as "odd" as I am. Works for us.

(Mrs. C is always on hers, but it is limited to talking to her daughter. And that is it. She does get annoyed that I won't carry one, so she can never track me down, when I am out working.)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Not my world.

Last week, I tried to get hold of a vendor. He called back, when I was out. So, I called him back.

"I sent you a text. Didn't you get it?"
"Not sure how you think I got it."
"You should have it. I sent it to this number."
"It's a 'land line'. It doesn't 'text'."

He was silent, for several seconds.

Have no use, for those annoying personal enslavement devices. Most of my friends are just as "odd" as I am. Works for us.

(Mrs. C is always on hers, but it is limited to talking to her daughter. And that is it. She does get annoyed that I won't carry one, so she can never track me down, when I am out working.)

I can see how you are not impacted by any of this...good for you!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Haven't been to a baseball game, for a few years now. I could not understand how EVERYONE had their heads down, looking that dumb personal idiot box.

If you shell out $$, to go to the game, then why don't you watch it? Otherwise, stay at home and sit on your divan. The beer is cheaper, as well.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Haven't been to a baseball game, for a few years now. I could not understand how EVERYONE had their heads down, looking that dumb personal idiot box.

If you shell out $$, to go to the game, then why don't you watch it? Otherwise, stay at home and sit on your divan. The beer is cheaper, as well.
The new normal....

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC

I see the same thing a lot at concerts. It seems a lot of people are more interested in making sure their "friends" know they're at the concert than they are in the show itself. Another pet peeve is when someone in front of me blocks my view by holding their phone up to record the show.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Having spent a great deal of the past month in and out of this hospital, I have noticed this. Whenever I walk somewhere in the hospital which is everywhere; I get behind people who are shuffling along in the hallway. I walk at a rather brisk pace, so these shufflers irritate the hell out of me me. As I pass them by I notice they have their head down and are either texting or reading a text.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

baseball is boring as hell, it got popular because it was an excuse to get drunk in the afternoon on a Wednesday. I have no idea how the sport made it through prohibition

I can't imagine watching baseball without something else to do

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
baseball is boring as hell, it got popular because it was an excuse to get drunk in the afternoon on a Wednesday. I have no idea how the sport made it through prohibition

I can't imagine watching baseball without something else to do
I agree with you on this but there are people that love the game. My grandfather would not miss a game if on tv. My mother told me that before tv he would leave the field and go home to listen to a game on the radio then go back to the field when it was over.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
My 2 cents on the subject of baseball:

You have pro and you have non-pro. There is a difference....just as there is in football and basketball, etc.

I prefer non-pro over pro of every sport there is, including baseball.

Then in pro (MLB) you have older generation baseball vs. newer generation baseball.

I prefer older generation over newer generation all day long.

I lost any passion I had for MLB when they cancelled the post season in 94-95 because of differences between owners and the players union. That was inexcusable to me.

Before that I LOVED watching the Braves on Superstation TBS almost every night.

Now I enjoy college - but more so near season's end when things get more intense and more so of course when my program is doing well.

Now women's softball.....that's a whole 'nother subject... :p

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.