Link: Jalen Reportedly a Counselor at the Manning Passing Academy

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

When the 22nd annual Manning Passing Academy gets underway on the campus of Nicholls State University on Thursday, Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts is expected to be among the college football quarterbacks who will serve as camp counselors at the four-day summit for offensive skill players of various levels.

Among those expected to join Hurts in Thibodaux, La., for the weekend: 2016 Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson of Louisville, Southern California's Sam Darnold, Nick Fitzgerald of Mississippi State, Washington's Jake Browning, Shea Patterson of Ole Miss, LSU's Danny Etling and Austin Allen of Arkansas.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Is the Manning Passing Academy for high school kids?
The campers are kids entering 8th grade thru 12th grade. (no high school graduates). The campers are usually qb's, rb's, and wr's. They usually bring in the college QB's as counselors, but I guess a perk to that is the counselors also get tutelage from the Mannings. Krymsonman

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Yes, They tutor HS kids... and then College QB gets tips from Manning brothers. This is also great time where we'll hear few tibits coming out of the camp. Last year Savage said Bateman deep balls was wobbly.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I believe there are also some competitions for the counselors and stuff along with some coaching from the Mannings

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Thanks everybody. While certainly I think it`s great if Jalen has an opportunity to work with and can help young QB`s, I`m sure that we all hope he can help his own game.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Hurts spends some time with the Mannings at Passing Academy

To become a better quarterback, Hurts said he has been focusing on improving on the little things.

“Your feet dictate a lot of things for a college quarterback,” he said. “If your feet are good, you can put yourself in a position to make a lot of throws. In addition to my feet, I am working on shoulder movement and looking calm whenever I am in the pocket.”

Photos, videos of Jalen Hurts at Manning Passing Academy

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hurts is working on looking calm while in the pocket? If he looked any more calm, he would be dead.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Archie Manning: Jalen Hurts performed 'very well' at Manning Passing Academy

"Jalen's a good-looking quarterback, and he threw the ball well," Archie Manning said. "We really enjoyed having Jalen. He's really a fine young man and a good guy, a really good guy. He worked great with our campers and mixed in so well with our staff. He was one of the favorites. And in all of the throwing sessions, he performed very well."

In particular, Hurts shined throwing the deep ball, especially during a throwing session on Friday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.