Oil prices may sink as low as $20/barrel by the end of the year

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
The price that they have to compete against which is the lowest price that American companies can produce a barrel of oil has already been set. Anyyhing below that is temporary unless the American government starts subsidizing oil like it does corn. This price will only be affective for a few weeks if it even happens.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Vladimir Putin won't be too happy either.
And that has scared me for a while now.

The Russian economy is heavily influenced by oil. When the price of oil declines, they feel it sharply.

Hmmmmm....how to fix that?

Well, give ISIS a missle or several under the table. Let them toss it over at Israel. Sit back, watch the fireworks, and reap profits from the resulting spike in oil prices.

Yes, it would be a temporary spike. But I don't put it past Putin for an instant.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
And that has scared me for a while now.

The Russian economy is heavily influenced by oil. When the price of oil declines, they feel it sharply.

Hmmmmm....how to fix that?

Well, give ISIS a missle or several under the table. Let them toss it over at Israel. Sit back, watch the fireworks, and reap profits from the resulting spike in oil prices.

Yes, it would be a temporary spike. But I don't put it past Putin for an instant.
STEP 1: Gift a nuke to ISIS
STEP 2: Let ISIS nuke Israel
STEP 3: ??????
STEP 4: Profit!!!!

Russia is like the rest of the world's major oil producers - they need to be looking to the future as well. If they aren't playing the long game then they are damning themselves to obscurity. Who knows, perhaps Putin would rather make a power play now while he still has oil money at his back. In 20 years (maybe even just 10) their oil is going to be pretty worthless.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
And here I was about to dust off my Chippendale's outfit and go back to work at age 50. ;)
I have an acquaintance that invests heavily in the oil market. It started off as a challenge but as he researched and competed with himself he apparently got better at it but he still tells me it's not for the faint of heart...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
STEP 1: Gift a nuke to ISIS
STEP 2: Let ISIS nuke Israel
STEP 3: ??????
STEP 4: Profit!!!!

Russia is like the rest of the world's major oil producers - they need to be looking to the future as well. If they aren't playing the long game then they are damning themselves to obscurity. Who knows, perhaps Putin would rather make a power play now while he still has oil money at his back. In 20 years (maybe even just 10) their oil is going to be pretty worthless.
Don't need anything quite that over the top.
All it takes to close the Straits of Hormuz is a dozen guys with Zodiacs and RPG-7s. Hit a couple of tankers, insurance rates on tankers skyrocket, tanker owners tell their ships to stay out of the Arabian Gulf, supply drops, price goes up.
Rinse, repeat.

Or more likely, wells that are pumping at $55/barrel simply stop pumping when the price drops to $20/barrel. Supply contracts (at that price/barrel), aggregate price goes up.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Don't need anything quite that over the top.
All it takes to close the Straits of Hormuz is a dozen guys with Zodiacs and RPG-7s. Hit a couple of tankers, insurances on tankers skyrockets, tanker owners tell their ships to stay out of the Arabian Gulf, supply drops, price goes up.
Rinse, repeat.

Or more likely, wells that are pumping at $55/barrel simply stop pumping when the price drops to $20/barrel. Supply contracts (at that price/barrel), aggregate price goes up.
So when this happens, and you're not posting or you're posting from some obscure location in Qatar, we'll blame you for this happening. (btw, Houston thanks you)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.