TJ Simmons leaving program for WVU

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Not sure if this figured into the equation but Will Grier has been cleared to start for West Virginia at the start of this season by the NCAA. Supposed to be very impressive in spring practice and scrimmages.

LINK
That was my first thought when I saw he was going to WVU.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
That number is based on the guys that have signed on NSD plus Wallace and Mosley getting scholarships. There's always the chance a guy like Keaton Anderson is paying his own way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a friend-of-a-friend of Keaton's parents, and they are very well to do. But I still believe he is on scholarship, this is more of a pride thing, an achievement thing, more than the money.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I have a friend-of-a-friend of Keaton's parents, and they are very well to do. But I still believe he is on scholarship, this is more of a pride thing, an achievement thing, more than the money.
I only mentioned him because it's well documented how successful his family is in the Florence area.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
Pretty surprised to see this news. TJ was looking sharp at A-Day. He'll be at the top of the rotation at WVU.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
That number is based on the guys that have signed on NSD plus Wallace and Mosley getting scholarships. There's always the chance a guy like Keaton Anderson is paying his own way.

Question, K. Anderson signed a letter of intent on NSD 2015, dosen't that mean he is on scholarship or will be counted as on scholarship? I don't know, but have always assumed that a person that signed a letter of intent was on scholarship. In addition wouldn't the ncaa count that person as being on scholarship no matter who paid?

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Everyone for this class is already on campus, so there's no qualifying questions.

He's already said we are taking 22 guys this upcoming recruiting cycle, so we're clearly close on numbers. We have at least 3 juniors leaving early (Ridley, Payne, and Fitzpatrick).

Do you know if Parks, Bulovas and Brannon are part of the 22 that CNS was referencing or does those three plus 22 make 25?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Question, K. Anderson signed a letter of intent on NSD 2015, dosen't that mean he is on scholarship or will be counted as on scholarship? I don't know, but have always assumed that a person that signed a letter of intent was on scholarship. In addition wouldn't the ncaa count that person as being on scholarship no matter who paid?
Just depends on how the scholarship is setup as far as I know.

Do you know if Parks, Bulovas and Brannon are part of the 22 that CNS was referencing or does those three plus 22 make 25?
Not sure. Saban just said we will take 22 in the next class. According to the TideSports list of scholarship players:

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Just depends on how the scholarship is setup as far as I know.

Not sure. Saban just said we will take 22 in the next class. According to the TideSports list of scholarship players:

Thanks.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
My boss is a WV graduate, and he is really excited about Simmons transferring. I also feel that it might be a good fit. Best of luck to the young man, and hopefully he will do well in the wide open pass happy league :)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I wish him success at WVU. He will probably have a great opportunity there. I think he would have had a chance at some decent playing time here but the WRs we have on campus now are all incredibly talented. Personally, I'm glad to hear the young guys were having good summers. Can't wait to see them all in action (especially Shavers).

Bama-94-00

All-American
Nov 1, 2004
Huntsville/Madison, AL area
The scholarship starts when the player reports in at the school to begin and not on gray shirt status.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.