TJ Simmons leaving program for WVU

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
That is kind of surprising, he caught 6 passes for 82 yards and a TD at A-Day. Yes, as a second string guy but still, that's not the kind of numbers you see someone who is going to be perpetually buried in the depth chart put up.
It makes you wonder if those freshmen are jumping him already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That is kind of surprising, he caught 6 passes for 82 yards and a TD at A-Day. Yes, as a second string guy but still, that's not the kind of numbers you see someone who is going to be perpetually buried in the depth chart put up.
Right. He was expected to contribute this year.

Also strange how he just announced he's transferring to WVU. Usually, the announcement to transfer comes first then the destination later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
It makes you wonder if those freshmen are jumping him already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
If UA summer 7-on-7 reports are accurate, TJ Simmons' transfer may confirm rave reviews of freshman WRs Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith & Shavers.

Cecil tweeted this this morning, so I'm going to say yes.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
If UA summer 7-on-7 reports are accurate, TJ Simmons' transfer may confirm rave reviews of freshman WRs Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith & Shavers.

Cecil tweeted this this morning, so I'm going to say yes.
Competition is good. It has a tendency to weed out some of the kids. Best of luck to him at West Virginia.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Competition is good. It has a tendency to weed out some of the kids. Best of luck to him at West Virginia.

Yep! It also opens up a scholly for another kid in the 2018 class who wants to compete.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I am glad Jake Coker decided to come here instead of competing at FSU.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yep, you are correct. I believe we are now at 86, so we still need to lose one more.
That number is based on the guys that have signed on NSD plus Wallace and Mosley getting scholarships. There's always the chance a guy like Keaton Anderson is paying his own way.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
That number is based on the guys that have signed on NSD plus Wallace and Mosley getting scholarships. There's always the chance a guy like Keaton Anderson is paying his own way.

Seeing BAMA doesn't officially release who is on scholarship we could be under 85 for all we know. Saban has a plan and I doubt he was counting on this transfer so, either we were at 85, now 84 or he knows someone ain't qualifying.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Not sure if this figured into the equation but Will Grier has been cleared to start for West Virginia at the start of this season by the NCAA. Supposed to be very impressive in spring practice and scrimmages.

LINK

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Seeing BAMA doesn't officially release who is on scholarship we could be under 85 for all we know. Saban has a plan and I doubt he was counting on this transfer so, either we were at 85, now 84 or he knows someone ain't qualifying.
Everyone for this class is already on campus, so there's no qualifying questions.

He's already said we are taking 22 guys this upcoming recruiting cycle, so we're clearly close on numbers. We have at least 3 juniors leaving early (Ridley, Payne, and Fitzpatrick).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.