Inmates who saved guard's life, rewarded with shorter sentences

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I'd heard something about this. Hopefully in some small way this starts a trend that helps people realize that inmates aren't irredeemable or subhuman. If a guy served his time, then let him move on with life. Are there exceptions regarding offenses, sure. But the blanket statement of once a convict always a convict is bull.

Just my thoughts. Don't know if the resident lawyer ever practiced criminal and has anything to say about it based on his experiences. I had a few years working for both defense and prosecution.

I'd heard something about this. Hopefully in some small way this starts a trend that helps people realize that inmates aren't irredeemable or subhuman. If a guy served his time, then let him move on with life. Are there exceptions regarding offenses, sure. But the blanket statement of once a convict always a convict is bull.

Just my thoughts. Don't know if the resident lawyer ever practiced criminal and has anything to say about it based on his experiences. I had a few years working for both defense and prosecution.
I somewhat agree with. They deserve a chance mostly. Sometimes though it's hard to tell who truly does. Still, seemingly this guy deserves it. All we can do is hope they do the right thing when they get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I was forced to practice criminal law for a few years by the system in place when I first started practice, but that's all. That said, I think most lawyers have opinions about the criminal justice system. It's broken and it's brokener in Alabama than any place in the country. These guys deserved their reward...

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
They did a very good thing. Hope they take advantage the break they are being given.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.