Gems on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video (Prime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just finished the 10 part documentary by Ken Burns on the Vietnam War. Two Thumbs up from me. Very well done.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If you want a sense of the Chinese working culture, there is a documentary on Netflix about a Chinese automobile glass manufacturer which opened a plant in Ohio. It is called "American Factory". Worth the time - well made.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
These types of reviews are just as important as the "terrific" ones...
I agree - I found that series to be very entertaining, but was a bit disappointed in the way it was wound down. But when you hear things like that, it generally means that the series overall was well received, so probably worth watching.

Every once in a while the wrap-up is so bad that you feel betrayed (Lost comes to mind). Those who watched Lost felt like they wanted all of that time back - wished that they had not watched it at all.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I agree - I found that series to be very entertaining, but was a bit disappointed in the way it was wound down. But when you hear things like that, it generally means that the series overall was well received, so probably worth watching.

Every once in a while the wrap-up is so bad that you feel betrayed (Lost comes to mind). Those who watched Lost felt like they wanted all of that time back - wished that they had not watched it at all.
The Man in the High Castle finale was just underwhelming. It was not one of the worst that would be Dexter. I usually find most finales to be pretty just meh. Only every once in a while does a TV show finale leave me satisfied. I never saw Lost, but most people I know that have seen it told me to not bother just because of the finale. I would not say that about The Man in the High Castle. It was a good show just had a meh finale.

Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
better call saul season 4 is finally on netflix. i've been waiting quite a while for it to show up. will start the season tonight
I have tried a few times and just can't get into this show. Loved Breaking Bad - not this. :unsure:

Reactions: 92tide

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The Stranger (Netflix Original) is pretty good. If you like a lot of twists and unpredictable story lines this is a good one. The wife and I started Money Heist. At first I was into it then the draw of the story line started breaking down in interest for me. My wife has continued to watch it and loves it. She's tried to get me to jump back in and give it another try. I told her I'd continue to watch it with her if I got sex after each episode. She said she'd let me know how the series ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.