Gems on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video (Prime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
For those of you who appreciate documentaries David Reynolds a historian from Cambridge University has a series of five documentaries on Netflix spanning the two world wars. Armistice, The Long Shadow, The Man of Steel - Stalin, The Wheelchair President - FDR, Hitler's Soft Underbelly - the story of the war in Africa, Sicily and Italy. I found the series to be superbly written and produced by the very talented Reynolds. I have just finished my second viewing of the series.

Reactions: dtgreg

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Been watching Black Mirror. You guys were right it is a gem. There are some real thought provoking episodes. Wish there were more episodes on Season 3 Already.

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
I really enjoyed Godless. It is a mini series but I do enjoy a good modern day western.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Been watching Black Mirror. You guys were right it is a gem. There are some real thought provoking episodes. Wish there were more episodes on Season 3 Already.
Maybe I should give it a second chance. I watched season 1 episode 2 and IMO it was horrible.
Just finished ....T$ CREEK. Funny in a quirky way. Some of the funniest things however can be easily missed.
Rotten is pretty interesting
Just starting Dirty Money. First two episodes are pretty interesting.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I watched season 1 episode 2 and IMO it was horrible.

Just starting Dirty Money. First two episodes are pretty interesting.
Watched the first episode of that the other night. Looks like it'll be a pretty good series.

On another note I'm into season 3 of Peaky Blinders now. Really good show. Never seen Sam Neill in that type of role before (I'm sure he has done it I've just missed it) but he's really good in it. Have liked Cillian Murphy since 28 Days Later so that casting worked for me too.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Watched "Snow on tha Bluff" earlier this week. It was an interesting little gem about a young man who lives and works in downtown Atlanta ;)

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Big Mouth - animated show on Netflix. Think Family Guy but super raunchy about puberty. Has John Mulaney & some of the guys from the League. Pretty funny stuff at times.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Watched "Snow on tha Bluff" earlier this week. It was an interesting little gem about a young man who lives and works in downtown Atlanta ;)
that looks interesting, ill have to check that out. vice has done several pieces like that on atlanta. they did a whole series on trap music.

for those wondering, the bluff is the more upscale neighborhood north of vine city (5-6 blocks north of the marta station).

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
that looks interesting, ill have to check that out. vice has done several pieces like that on atlanta. they did a whole series on trap music.

for those wondering, the bluff is the more upscale neighborhood north of vine city (5-6 blocks north of the marta station).
Upscale. Ok maybe I will go there tomorrow and find a place to eat and than do some shopping while I am in Atlanta.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

upscale?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Just finished watching Manhunt (about the FBI linguistics guy that got the Unabomber).
8-part series. I found it interesting and entertaining.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Just finished watching Manhunt (about the FBI linguistics guy that got the Unabomber).
8-part series. I found it interesting and entertaining.
We really enjoyed that one as well. Paul Bettany was really good in that as Ted Kaczynski.

The People Vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story was also really well done. I wasn't sure how much insight the show would offer considering how splashed on tv everything was back during the trial but it offered a nice look behind the scenes.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Anyone watch "The Killing" on Netflix? My wife seems to obsessed with it, but I'm struggling with it thus far. Seems more like a long-drawn out episode of Law and Order.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Haven't started it yet but the documentary series Evil Genius on Netflix looks really interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.