Gems on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video (Prime) - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Gems on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video (Prime)

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    I like The Last Kingdom as well. But Vikings, which I discovered on Amazon Prime, is much much better in my opinion.
    Have watched both. Purchased the Vikings CD from Amazon. this is a History Channel series and the latest season is just finishing up on the History Channel. It is quite well done.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Finished up Peaky Blinders season 1 yesterday. Excellent stuff so far.
    going to start that one myself shortly
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation All-SEC

For those of you who appreciate documentaries David Reynolds a historian from Cambridge University has a series of five documentaries on Netflix spanning the two world wars. Armistice, The Long Shadow, The Man of Steel - Stalin, The Wheelchair President - FDR, Hitler's Soft Underbelly - the story of the war in Africa, Sicily and Italy. I found the series to be superbly written and produced by the very talented Reynolds. I have just finished my second viewing of the series.

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Been watching Black Mirror. You guys were right it is a gem. There are some real thought provoking episodes. Wish there were more episodes on Season 3 Already.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation Second Team

I really enjoyed Godless. It is a mini series but I do enjoy a good modern day western.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    Been watching Black Mirror. You guys were right it is a gem. There are some real thought provoking episodes. Wish there were more episodes on Season 3 Already.
    Maybe I should give it a second chance. I watched season 1 episode 2 and IMO it was horrible.
    Just finished ....T$ CREEK. Funny in a quirky way. Some of the funniest things however can be easily missed.
    Rotten is pretty interesting
    Just starting Dirty Money. First two episodes are pretty interesting.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    I watched season 1 episode 2 and IMO it was horrible.

Just starting Dirty Money. First two episodes are pretty interesting.
    Watched the first episode of that the other night. Looks like it'll be a pretty good series.

On another note I'm into season 3 of Peaky Blinders now. Really good show. Never seen Sam Neill in that type of role before (I'm sure he has done it I've just missed it) but he's really good in it. Have liked Cillian Murphy since 28 Days Later so that casting worked for me too.

Voltron Season 5 in March on Netflix, just announced and then this is coming this summer on Hulu

"There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation All-American sabanball's Avatar

Watched "Snow on tha Bluff" earlier this week. It was an interesting little gem about a young man who lives and works in downtown Atlanta

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Big Mouth - animated show on Netflix. Think Family Guy but super raunchy about puberty. Has John Mulaney & some of the guys from the League. Pretty funny stuff at times.

Quote Originally Posted by sabanball View Post
    Watched "Snow on tha Bluff" earlier this week. It was an interesting little gem about a young man who lives and works in downtown Atlanta
    that looks interesting, ill have to check that out. vice has done several pieces like that on atlanta. they did a whole series on trap music.

for those wondering, the bluff is the more upscale neighborhood north of vine city (5-6 blocks north of the marta station).
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    that looks interesting, ill have to check that out. vice has done several pieces like that on atlanta. they did a whole series on trap music.

for those wondering, the bluff is the more upscale neighborhood north of vine city (5-6 blocks north of the marta station).
    Upscale. Ok maybe I will go there tomorrow and find a place to eat and than do some shopping while I am in Atlanta.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    Upscale. Ok maybe I will go there tomorrow and find a place to eat and than do some shopping while I am in Atlanta.
    i watched the flick last nite. i think there is a good fried trout joint on english avenue.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon