Gems on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video (Prime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
as a side note, I just saw where a bunch of network shows all got cancelled. Every year this happens, it always reminds me how little network TV I actually watch.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
We really enjoyed that one as well. Paul Bettany was really good in that as Ted Kaczynski.

The People Vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story was also really well done. I wasn't sure how much insight the show would offer considering how splashed on tv everything was back during the trial but it offered a nice look behind the scenes.
We've enjoyed both Manhunt and People v. OJ. Both happened just as I was starting to really pay attention to national news when I was growing up so it was nice to go back to see what was actually being said.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
For anyone that enjoys true crime type stories The Staircase is now on Netflix. It was originally a documentary & a revisited documentary but it has now been split into episodes & has new information/episodes.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Just started watching some of the Marvel stuff on Netflix. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, so far. Not bad.
I love Daredevil. First season of the others were all pretty decent (Iron Fist is probably the weakest but I enjoyed it). Second season of Jessica Jones has been iffy for me so far.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
One show on Amazon we liked was Granchester. It’s a British murder mystery show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Anyone else watching "The Staircase" on Netflix?

It's another fascinating True-Crime documentary along the same lines as 'Making A Murderer' or 'The Keepers'.

I powered through the 1st 8 Episodes last night and plan on finishing the last 5 eps today!!! Really compelling show and highly recommend it if you like stuff like this.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Anyone else watching "The Staircase" on Netflix?

It's another fascinating True-Crime documentary along the same lines as 'Making A Murderer' or 'The Keepers'.

I powered through the 1st 8 Episodes last night and plan on finishing the last 5 eps today!!! Really compelling show and highly recommend it if you like stuff like this.
We finished it up last week. We had watched the original two documentaries years ago and was interesting to see it over again and get the new information as well. One thing that was left out that I swear was in one of the original two is a theory that gets mentioned in passing in the last episode that at first sounds outlandish but starts making sense when you hear more of the evidence.

Netflix did post a video about it on Youtube. It definitely adds another layer to it while you're watching (although there are some spoilers depending on where you are):

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The wife and I watched this standup Comedy special on Netflix by Australian comedian Hannah Gadsby that was really good. She's pretty funny, but it also has a lot of important things brought up about society in general that a lot of us should hear. It's not a full comedy show, as things get pretty serious at times.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The wife and I watched this standup Comedy special on Netflix by Australian comedian Hannah Gadsby that was really good. She's pretty funny, but it also has a lot of important things brought up about society in general that a lot of us should hear. It's not a full comedy show, as things get pretty serious at times.

we've seen that trailer and wondered aloud if that would be any good.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I just finished watching a short documentary series called Churchill's Secret Agents. It is essentially a show on how the British SOE was formed in response to the start of WWII, how they recruited and evaluated potential agents, and what they did in Europe to help win the war. It was incredibly well done and interesting.

I've now moved onto watching Secret City. Certainly different kind of political thriller involving Australia and China.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I just finished watching a short documentary series called Churchill's Secret Agents. It is essentially a show on how the British SOE was formed in response to the start of WWII, how they recruited and evaluated potential agents, and what they did in Europe to help win the war. It was incredibly well done and interesting.

I've now moved onto watching Secret City. Certainly different kind of political thriller involving Australia and China.
Watched 3 of the SOE episodes. Very interesting how they trained average citizens to become spies behind enemy lines in just a few weeks. The training techniques were quite innovative and efficient in separating the potential SOE agents from those who would not make it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
this should be good. i have it in my que

Appalachian speed-hiker celebrated in movie

Ultramarathoner Karl Meltzer, who speed-hiked the Appalachian Trail with the help of beer and bacon, is celebrated in a new movie, “Karl Meltzer: Made to be Broken.”

Available for free, and streaming on Netflix, the movie follows the ups and downs of Melter’s ridiculously fast jaunt from Maine to Georgia, which he completed in 45 days 22 hours and 38 minutes.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Recently watched White Right: Meeting the Enemy. A British journalist of south Asian descent (Deeyah Khan) went to meet the neo-Nazi racists from Charlottesville and interview them.

She did not treat them like sub-humans, she just interviewed them and asked them to explain their views.
In the process, she appears to have changed some minds. When forced to deal with a brown-skinned woman, the neo-nazi guys had to admit they did not hate her, they did not include her in their hatred. Interesting documentary.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Recently watched White Right: Meeting the Enemy. A British journalist of south Asian descent (Deeyah Khan) went to meet the neo-Nazi racists from Charlottesville and interview them.

She did not treat them like sub-humans, she just interviewed them and asked them to explain their views.
In the process, she appears to have changed some minds. When forced to deal with a brown-skinned woman, the neo-nazi guys had to admit they did not hate her, they did not include her in their hatred. Interesting documentary.
I had heard about that one & was curious about it. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.