Gems on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video (Prime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Then, there's doing it right, without extensive support...

LINK
i had a buddy who did some 2-3 day unsupported stuff on the southern portions of the a.t. a few years back. they were making their own packs, shoes etc. it was nuts.

it's fun watching these guys push the envelope.

i was always fine sticking with the one day stuff ;)

from the article said:
By Day 43, he had 151.5 miles to go and under 70 hours to do it in to beat Meltzer's record.

Over the following 2½ days, McConaughy managed one day at 40.7 miles and then a 37-hour push to the finish, covering 110.8 miles in the longest stretch of running he had ever accomplished. He ended up at the top of Mount Katahdin, the Appalachian Trail finish line, at 6:38 p.m. on Aug. 31. It was raining, hailing, and the winds were 70 mph, but he had done it , and set a speed record in the process.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Churchill's Secret Agents was interesting.
The writers went to the Special Operations Executive archives, looked at their selection and training program, recruited some modern-day Brits and put them through the paces, often at the same training facilities and doing the same tasks. The candidates are doing some psych test in a classroom and some guy runs through the room shooting a pistol. The group gets off a truck and somebody runs up behind them shooting a .45 Tommy gun, just to see what they will do.
The cadre selected who continued and who went home. It is sort of Survivor meets an WW II SOE documentary. Interesting. Five 44-minute episodes.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The Great Hack on Netflix is amazing

Just started watching the Family and wow that is some crazy stuff a couple episodes in

Finished, The Boys on Amazon Prime, loved it

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The Great Hack on Netflix is amazing

Just started watching the Family and wow that is some crazy stuff a couple episodes in

Finished, The Boys on Amazon Prime, loved it
The Boys was excellent and probably closer to the truth to how someone with superpowers would be.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Recently watched White Right: Meeting the Enemy. A British journalist of south Asian descent (Deeyah Khan) went to meet the neo-Nazi racists from Charlottesville and interview them.

She did not treat them like sub-humans, she just interviewed them and asked them to explain their views.
In the process, she appears to have changed some minds. When forced to deal with a brown-skinned woman, the neo-nazi guys had to admit they did not hate her, they did not include her in their hatred. Interesting documentary.
Saw something similar several years ago. Straight-up interviews with both leaders and rank-and-file members of Aryan Nation and other similar groups. Interviews took place in the 1980s, I think. Just asked a few open ended questions, and recorded the responses without judgement -- only enough follow-up to get the subjects to continue talking.

The result was truly frightening, and far more damning than anything today's agenda-driven media could possibly imagine. Wish I could remember the name of the documentary, but it sounds like Kahn essentially updated the original.

Mrs. Basket Case and I are enjoying Mindhunter. Already watched 5 of the 9 episodes of Season 2. I'm finding myself taking a strong dislike to the Nancy Tench character -- the actress is doing a really good job.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
While it hasnt, and probably wont come out or at least another year, the Lord of the Rings TV series on Amazon prime has to be the most intriguing new show that is in production. $500 million dollars is an insane amount to spend on a TV series, and reportadly its first season will be 21 2hr long episodes. FWIW it is a prequel, and shows the rise of Sauron for those wondering.

Reactions: dtgreg

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Does anyone have Disney +? You can get it free for 1 year with Verizon unlimited plans.
It's great if you like MARVEL films and Star Wars. Plus all the Disney and Pixar films and shows. The Mandalorian is good if you like Star Wars.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I just finished season 2 of Jack Ryan.
I was unimpressed to say the least. This season is set in Venezuela and nowhere near as compelling as season 1.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I just finished season 2 of Jack Ryan.
I was unimpressed to say the least. This season is set in Venezuela and nowhere near as compelling as season 1.
Season 1 seemed to really set the back story and line for the bad guys. And of course, it had Abbie Cornish. Season 2 just seemed like they "rushed" thru it?

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Does anyone have Disney +? You can get it free for 1 year with Verizon unlimited plans.
It's great if you like MARVEL films and Star Wars. Plus all the Disney and Pixar films and shows. The Mandalorian is good if you like Star Wars.

I took advantage of the D23 deal and pre-paid for 3 years @ less than $4 per month.

The family is loving Disney+ so far. Tones of great classic movies like The Black Hole, The Rocketeer and all the old animated classic (plus a lot more). Plus it has Star Wars Ep. I-VII, and Rogue One in 4k, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

The Mandalorian was really good. We are watching chapter 2 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.