News Article: White House: Syria could be preparing another chemical weapons attack

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
LINK
"The United States has identified potential preparations for another chemical weapons attack by the Assad regime that would likely result in the mass murder of civilians, including innocent children," according to a White House statement released Monday night.
"The activities are similar to preparations the regime made before its April 4, 2017 chemical weapons attack," the statement added. "As we have previously stated, the United States is in Syria to eliminate the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. If, however, Mr. Assad conducts another mass murder attack using chemical weapons, he and his military will pay a heavy price."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Ah, but that hardly matters. You see, bombing folks got him such good ratings last time. Brian Williams even confessed to feeling a tingle up his leg.
To be fair, he has a LONG way to go to begin to touch Obama and Bush regarding bombing folks. Heck, Obama dropped over 26,000 bombs in 2016 alone.

NOT supporting Trump here, just saying getting all riled up about it now seems a bit odd when Obama bombed the crap out of people daily, making friends like crazy...

Maybe, just maybe if everyone dropped the team mentality in politics and demanded that our government stop constant war we could accomplish something.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
To be fair, he has a LONG way to go to begin to touch Obama and Bush regarding bombing folks. Heck, Obama dropped over 26,000 bombs in 2016 alone.

NOT supporting Trump here, just saying getting all riled up about it now seems a bit odd when Obama bombed the crap out of people daily, making friends like crazy...

Maybe, just maybe if everyone dropped the team mentality in politics and demanded that our government stop constant war we could accomplish something.
what bothers me more than anything is that based on centcom's statement, the white house and the military do not seem to be on the same page.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

Oh, I don't disagree, and I wasn't trying to compare Trump to any previous president. Although, since you bring it up, the dramatic increase in civilian deaths under his watch is definitely a concerning trend. But with Centcom and the Pentagon voicing their confusion at this proclamation, it seems like the White House is putting this out there just for the optics.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Oh, I don't disagree, and I wasn't trying to compare Trump to any previous president. Although, since you bring it up, the dramatic increase in civilian deaths under his watch is definitely a concerning trend. But with Centcom and the Pentagon voicing their confusion at this proclamation, it seems like the White House is putting this out there just for the optics.
A distraction from the health care bill, perhaps?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.