Link: Avery Johnson Details Goals, Dates for Tide's Trip to Canada

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

The Tide’s trip will begin Aug. 4 when it departs from Tuscaloosa for Atlanta. After spending a night there, Alabama will fly to Montreal on the morning of Aug. 5, where it will spend two days. Following its stay in Montreal, the Tide will travel to Ottawa on Aug. 7 where it will stay for the next three days.

Alabama will play a total of three games against three Canadian universities over a span of its five days in Montreal and Ottawa. The first game will be played Aug. 7 against McGill University at 7 p.m. The Redmen are coming off a season in which they ended with a 24-11 overall record and reached the bronze medal game in the ArcelorMittal Dofasco U SPORTS Men's Basketball championship tournament.

On Aug. 9, the Tide will play the first of two games in Ottawa when it takes on Carleton University at 7 p.m. Last season, the Ravens won their seventh straight USports national championship and 13th title in the last 15 years, overall. Carleton finished the 2016-17 season with a 22-1 overall record but lost four seniors from last season’s squad. Hosting six NCAA teams prior to last season, Carleton finished a perfect 6-0, including a victory over the Wichita State Shockers.

The very next day, Alabama will conclude its game schedule in Canada when it takes on the University of Ottawa at 6:30 p.m. The Gee-Gees are coming off a 16-3 season a year ago, finishing runners-up to Carleton in the North Division. Ottawa narrowly missed reaching the USports Final 8, marking the first time since the 2011-12 season it failed to do so.

The eight-day trip beyond the United States’ northern border will be the public’s first look at the Tide’s 2017-18 squad. The nation’s No. 7 signing class, per the 247Sports Composite, and redshirt sophomore Daniel Giddens will join the returnees, including four starters, on the court in a game setting for the first time.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Marshall got tossed out of the game against Carlton last year, and Wichita State got beat badly

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I remember that now Pit, I think they were down big when he was tossed wasn't he?

This trip sounds really good. Looks like we will be tested which is huge.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I thought that happened against McGill University (the first team we play) and Wichita State won the game after being down by double digits.
After research, Marshall actually did get tossed against McGill. Wichita came back and won that game, but they got beaten by 25 against Carlton, and Marshall got another T in that game

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Not a basketball fan guys, but I live minutes from Carleton.

They are for real.

And UOttawa is nothing to sneeze at...

May try to make it out to the Carleton game...

If y'all know of anyone who might have any questions about the town etc., please steer them in my direction.

I don't monitor the Bball forum, so prolly best to pm me...

RTR

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Not a basketball fan guys, but I live minutes from Carleton.

They are for real.

And UOttawa is nothing to sneeze at...

May try to make it out to the Carleton game...

If y'all know of anyone who might have any questions about the town etc., please steer them in my direction.

I don't monitor the Bball forum, so prolly best to pm me...

RTR
We need you there, I'm expecting you there in full toga

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Yep, I'm thinking its going to be 4 players that will be instrumental in pushing the whole team in improvement: Sexton, Giddens, Petty, and Key. If they play at a high level, this will push the entire team to grow as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.